Time to check under the cushions...

Chris Kouba

Supporter
I wish I had more to to with it than just finding the posting but oh well. Personally, I'm heading to AIG tomorrow to get the loan for my dream car:

Chris' new 962

It's not the long tail but I figure I can swap out the panels in due time. I can't wait for the loan to come through!

On a serious note though, those guys tend to post a nice collection of pics when they have something for sale. It's always neat to find something posted on their site.

CK

Keith

It seems to be a bit of a "Grandfathers Axe" car but aren't they all. I'm quite mystified by the description of the "low speed" accident on the road which resulted in a new monocoque (!!), and if I were a potential buyer I would certainly like to discover what connection Brian Redman had with this particular car, as it is clearly stated that it was never raced in period and perhaps, never raced at all, before I dive down the back of my favourite armchair.

But, I take my hat of to the marketeers, they certainly know how to get potential buyers juices going!

Quote: "the aluminum monocoque is excellent, having been recently polished so that it shines." :)

As a matter of interest to McLaren fans, I worked in Lambretta House Purley Way Croydon (the old Trojan factory) some 20 years after the factory closed. It was turned into a giant woodworking facility and special effects development centre for the Entertainments Industry. There, I designed and produced some very large sound systems for the Sound Reinforcement business in the shadow of a long internal perimeter wall, on which was neatly painted every single racing success enjoyed by Mclaren since it's inception together with chassis nos. drivers names etc. A living record of success. It seemed that I was the only occupant of that structure that knew the huge significance of this "wall art" and I planned to try and preserve it somehow, without destroying the structural integrity of the building! Not an easy task. Sadly, I moved on and didn't keep a close enough eye on the building, as it was demolished along with the "winning wall" next time I passed. :sad:

Also as a matter of history, from memory, I believe Trojan made 3 wheelers before building Mclarens. Quite a jump!:shocked:

Sorry for the unusually long post - I am feeling better today. :drunk:

"While at Road America in 2006, the car was involved in a low speed accident while being driven on the street in the annual parade drive from the track to the town of Elkhart Lake itself. "

Keith,
It could easily be checked but - this is likely to have been the one that ended up in a pond UPSIDEDOWN off the parade route. ..I love it "low speed accident", don't you love FULL disclosure?

There are pictures of that accident somewhere online.

You mean that famous incident, where the driver was rescued by Johan and by which Johan was then awarded the nickname "Swamp Patrol"?

If that is the very car, then there are quite many pics around of the car right after its recovery from the swamp.

Best,

Marcus

Pics:

Attachments

• McLarenM8F_fucked_up.jpg
    McLarenM8F_fucked_up.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 410
  • McLarenM8F_fucked_up2.jpg
    McLarenM8F_fucked_up2.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 378
Back