• general garage 103 (Medium).jpg
    general garage 103 (Medium).jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 1,085

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Those rear uprights are amazing pieces of work!

Please post more!!!! :)

A pretty car in my opinion.

Attachments

• general garage 108 (Medium).jpg
    general garage 108 (Medium).jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 600
  • Heritage Lola T70 019 (Small).jpg
    Heritage Lola T70 019 (Small).jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 765
  • general garage 126 (Medium).jpg
    general garage 126 (Medium).jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 705
  • HPIM0521.jpg
    HPIM0521.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 705

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
It must be a great feeling to own and drive a car like this one....

Thanks for the additional pics!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks ! To be honest, someone on another forum, a forum that is image challenged, asked me what the uprights looked like so I posted the pictures here and invited them to come here for a look.
As far as driving this car, well, it sounds Sooooo sweet running through the gears. It is just a big go cart.

Just saw a Prophet can am today at Limerock vintage festival. I gather the Prophet was based on the Lola chassis. What a beauty! Formerly owned and raced by Bobby Rahal. I've attached a couple photos, as well as a short video of the start of the race - the Prophet was the black car on pole.

Tom

Attachments

• IMGP0693.jpg
    IMGP0693.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 670
  • IMGP0694.jpg
    IMGP0694.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 847
  • IMGP0695.jpg
    IMGP0695.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 681
  • IMGP0701.AVI
    1.8 MB · Views: 316
The Prophet is driven by Rick Bell but owned by a guy named Dick Lasalle.
In the paddock I thought he said "Dickless Al". I guess I looked at them funny. A fast car indeed. A Lola chassis of the T333 variety. Beautiful car.
2153806910001028486tZNhvJ

Last edited by a moderator:
The car was built and owned by Herb Caplan of Sacramento CA, Bobby was one of the drivers when the car was current. The car is currently listed in Hemmings if you have a loose 250K laying around it is all yours. One of my favorite second gen Can Am cars along with the Holbert "Busch" car.

I have had four T332s and still have two that I race on occasion so I love them
but they are not a "safe racecar" as in they have no driver protection and when driving one it is a good idea to show some restraint. They drive so well that you can get carried away.....
T332s all started out in F 5000 which was a series using a Formula 1 tub with an American 5000cc V8. I have HU 51 which was converted to a Center Seat Can Am car in 1977 and HU 55 which was converted into the "Schkee" by Doug Schultz and Bob Mckee.
The history of Lola T332s is interesting and available on this great website:

Lola T332 « F5000 « OldRacingCars.com

Here is F5000 in-car from youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTD31TpeFX0

Last edited by a moderator:
Johan,
Is your Schkee still in the Schkee configuration? Do you know the thinking behind the body design? Ever since my boyhood racing RC cars I have been curious about this ....... Seems to me the design negated much of the downforce that the body could have generated if it didnt have the dome canopy. Thoughts?

My RC car had the Prophet body on it, because it was from Sac and it had the bitchen tall scoop on it :D

It has tremendous downforce by the standards of the era due to the open sides. The car squats over 1" at speed. It is a coupe because it was the first car to have a live transmission in-car camera. A mixture of pictures from past and present:

Attachments

• uscals79264.jpg
    uscals79264.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 415
  • uscals79263.jpg
    uscals79263.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 454
  • AJETND.jpg
    AJETND.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 469
  • vintage-2005-ra-rs-0255[1] (Small).jpg
    vintage-2005-ra-rs-0255[1] (Small).jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 461
  • spauldingschkeezg9 (Small).jpg
    spauldingschkeezg9 (Small).jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 447
Those Mckees are about the coolest looking cars I've ever seen. I once tried searching the internet for more info but was disappointed by the lack thereof.

Beautiful cars, from back when cars had real character!

The T-300 series of Lola chassis icluding the T332 and t330 were all good chassis. Lola did not design something new for the single seater Can-Am until the T530 which took advantage of the latest aerodynamic tricks and included sliding skirts. I was on the crew of Bobby Brown running a T333 in 1979 and later on the crew of Londono Bridge running a T530. Great Racing

Back