Porsche 906 chassis

Hy guys,

has anyone structural (construction) drawings of chassis and suspensions.?

I have a lot of pictures but for my new project I need quoted drawings.

No, it's not a dream: I have a mechanical factory, and a tube frame is very easy to make.

906 replica is fine to reply while all mech. parts are taken from 1966/1970 Porsche 911 and I have in stock some car dismantled.

Many thanks for your help.

The guys with the drawings won't share. They paid a lot of money for those blueprints.

I will eventually be releasing into the public domain CAD files for :-

1) Porsche 908-2 body

2) Porsche 917 chassis

3) Porsche 917 suspension

The 908-2 body is finished and ready to go ( but I'm not releasing it just yet ) the 917 stuff is about 50% complete.

Right, I think the chassis drawings are expensive, but I hope not more expensive than the frame.
If I want do a choice, I prefer spend money to buy the dwgs. than to buy the chassis completed.
If I don’t find a dwg. copy, the best process is to make a "replica drawing" for a replica car starting from the official dimensions with help of a lot of pictures existing about this car.
Luckily I found a original car not too far from me, and 200 km from here I found a replica-car factory (917,GT40,Ferrari).
A factory want sell the car ready, key on hand.
But it's more amusing do it yourself.
I'll try to buy only strategic parts.

The book "Porsche 906" of Barth/Trispel. Motor Buch Verlag will help me.
I tried to search the drwgs to gain time and to respect the originality, but if not found I'll change strategy.

Many thanks.

PS. This project may seem an optimistic dream. I'm mechanical Engineer and my factory is a strategic supplier of Caterpillar. We have enough knowledge and technology to go.

Hello!

Some members around should have what you are looking for... but won't share, even for money I'm affraid...

If you are lucky enough to have acces to a real car, plan a 2 days trip, take your scale ruler, buy a tool to measure angles... And take all measurments you can on the car!

Would looooove to do this!

You can also, if you have some money, rent a 3D scanner, and scan the full car, as widely as possible, and then, let's draw the entire car...

If you do this, do not forget to measure/scan, all suspension components!

If I had time, money and a car near by me...

Dreams are sweet....

Olivier.

Drawings available for porsche 906,908,910.
Body available for 906,908,910.
Windscreen available with heating element for 908.
Suspension uprights available for 906,908,910.
Wheel centres available.

OK, Where?

I know of several companies involved in marketing complete cars, but am unaware of chassis drawings, windscreens and suspension parts being available separately.

I have a welder, I have a chop saw, do I need anything else?

Wheel centres available.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Now Ron,

Please do not start any new projects until you get that beautiful blue P2265 on the road:)

Last edited:
OK, Where?

I know of several companies involved in marketing complete cars, but am unaware of chassis drawings, windscreens and suspension parts being available separately.

I have a welder, I have a chop saw, do I need anything else?

Good grinder, compressor, patience and perhaps a phychiatrist! "Wink".

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Not a Porsche with a Caterpillar engine!!! well, your fuel economy will be good. You may have some trouble getting the rear deck to shut, though.

Martin,

I sent you a PM, and didn't get any answer.

I'm seriously interested by the parts...

Olivier.

Wheel centres available.

The guys with the drawings won't share. They paid a lot of money for those blueprints.

I will eventually be releasing into the public domain CAD files for :-

1) Porsche 908-2 body

2) Porsche 917 chassis

3) Porsche 917 suspension

The 908-2 body is finished and ready to go ( but I'm not releasing it just yet ) the 917 stuff is about 50% complete.
I need 917 chassis and suspension drawings SDB [email protected]

Realize this is a VERY old thread but....

We are looking for 908 drawings, body and windscreen. Is SouthernGT40 / MartinGough a source?

Back