Tether Cars

Wow, amazing! Almost thought the video was a fake. Never seen anything like it either. Found this other video. Interesting that after the car gets going the operator hops up on a platform to allow the car to rotate without his assistance. Interesting to see his specialized arm protection.

I sure as hell would not want to be anywhere near that poll if the rotating fitting/bearing got jammed. That cord and car would come wrapping in fairly aggressively to say the least.

Speed Model Car 330 km/h Lyon 2010 - YouTube

- Jeffrey

And if you get bored of the cars...hydroplanes!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jirDGL6vL1A]Tethered Hydroplane Gilbert Huguenin 221 kmh 2012 European Championships Pazardjik, Bulgaria - YouTube[/ame]

- Jeffrey

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Yep - they are amazing ! They have been around for a long time - I remember going to the Model Engineer's park in Sydney when I was about 10 years old & being stunned by them. I re-visited the park with my grandchildren some 45 years later, & there they were again (but probably a lot faster) !!

Its a weird experience - when they get up to full speed, you literally can not see them - all you have is that cyclic shriek !

Back