Take a Ride in an RAF Typhoon

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Keith, awesome! I remember driving up to the brow of a hill when one appeared directly in front of me, it nearly gave me palpitations as I instinctively ducked down behind the steering wheel. Something like de Cadenet and the Spitfire.

Dave

Ron Earp

Admin
Aw man, I thought you meant this Typhoon:

hawker_typhoon.jpg

Keith

Keith, awesome! I remember driving up to the brow of a hill when one appeared directly in front of me, it nearly gave me palpitations as I instinctively ducked down behind the steering wheel. Something like de Cadenet and the Spitfire.

Dave

You mean the infamous f*** me f*** ME episode! :laugh:

Dave

Hi Dave, had same experience with family on board just east of Penrith many years ago, crossing the brow of a mountain, could almost make out the eyes of the pilot! Family s**t themselves .

On that topic, I'm sure the pilot said " pants check" at 1.22 mins in. No wonder he needed to check them!

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
You mean the infamous f*** me f*** ME episode!

That's the one Keith,
also I was at a chalet alongside the Caledonian canal. Every day a jet went past at low level directly over the water. 1st time it scared the s*** out of me. I was facing the wrong way and it was gone by the time I turned my head. After a couple of times I sussed the timing and direction, and waited, nearly broke my neck trying to follow it, awesome!

Dave

Back