Aston Martin = GT40 on hold

Hi all

I've been very quiet on my GT40 build for a while as I took the decision to buy a new car and put the project on hold for a few months. After several summers of not having something nice to drive and take to events I started looking into cars, went to look at an Aston Martin and I had to have one.

So today I picked up my new car. It's a 2007 Aston Vantage in Meteorite silver. The car is near perfect and certainly doesn't look 7 years old and drives beautifully. It's the first V8 I've owned and I am loving the grunt you get it sounds amazing. The dealer has also fitted a new set of 2014 spec wheels which I bought and I think improve the look of the car.

I'd like to say it was a tough decision parking the GT40 project but after the first drive in the Aston it really wasn't, the car makes you feel a million dollars. The GT40 will be continuing over the summer and beyond and I am still committed to getting it finished.

mcgurk1.jpg

mcgurk2.jpg

mcgurk3.jpg

I worked for aston for six years; nothing is better built that you can buy with a window sticker attached, period! What a beautiful car!!!!!!!!

Keith

Dammit Trevor, you've picked up Pickford's disease...:laugh:

And no, I am not fucking jealous.....:evil:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Bond... Trevor Bond....

Absolutely one of the sexiest cars on the road today...

Nice! :thumbsup:

Having lived in England for 30 years before migrating to Australia, I miss the fact that it is possible to own such a beautiful car without having multiple mortgages on your house to buy one.
Ah well back to work on the GT

Back