The Electric Future is Bright

Ron Earp

Admin
They'll get cheaper. Motorcycles are ideal places to start with electric vehicles. They're small, light, have low rolling resistance, do not require auxiliary power consuming accessories such as power steering, air con, radio, lots of lights, and so forth.

But the price is hard to overcome on a financial basis. I have a working motorcycle worth about $7k. It gets 50-52 MPG on the highway using cheap US gas at say $3.50 a gallon. It'll take a lot of miles to break even on the e bike, and, there are still limitations on the e bike with respect to usability.

Still, I'd like to have one. With a deployable flexible solar panel array to use while parked so I can make treks for little to no cost. And I want a dog to ride along with me. And to live in a post apocalyptic society where gas is like gold, and those free from gas ....I digress.

One of the things I noticed on our holiday in China, 95% of the scooters, mopeds and trike type carry alls were all electric, and its a real bugger cause you cant hear them coming.
John

Back