Renovo Coupe

Hi all

Just stumbled across this new electric powered Shelby Daytona Coupe being produced by a company called Renovo. Interesting concept and have to say the fit and finish in the video looks really good. Only thing I don't like is the Audi gear lever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgpvhrzGYc4

SILICON-VALLEY-960.jpg

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...but what the fellow avoided like the plague was any mention of the car's 'sticker'...and with good reason I'd say...since it's reportedly going to be a hefty $529,000.

Renovo Coupe electric supercar offers 500 HP for just $529,000 [w/video]

Obviously, one can build any good quality reproduction for faaar less and it'll generate/provide something the Renovo can't: classic V-8 'ear candy'.

'Guess I'm just too darned 'old skool' (not to mention 'cheap!') to get all excited about any of these here modernistical, spark-generatin' carriages...:sleeping:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
They were at Laguna for the Historics, RENOVO... they combined Renault and Volvo. Looks nice but makes no noise.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Much like Tesla did with the Elise, this is a "Shelby Daytona Coupe" based unit on the platform and body built by Hi Tech (Superformance) in South Africa.

Hardly a "ground up" build and mostly imported (if that matters to you) The "value" added stateside is the powertrain.

Back