Aircraft outside Udonthani air force

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Just driving through and came across these old aircraft on display at the entrance to a Thai Air Force base in Udonthani. No idea what they are, I'm expecting some of you guys will enlighten me☺
Dave

Attachments

• 2015-07-02 12.12.10.jpg
    2015-07-02 12.12.10.jpg
    406.3 KB · Views: 394
  • 2015-07-02 12.34.13.jpg
    2015-07-02 12.34.13.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 370

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Prop job is a North American T28 Trojan, not sure on the jet.

Yip Northrop F-5. 1970 I think. Remember my father buying a model for me to build. Among others. I built Mirage 3, Mirage F1, F14 Tomcat, F15 Eagle, F16 falcon, Buccaneer, Sabre, Starfighter etc. etc. etc. Guess that might of been that sparked the building thing .... Remind me not to buy any models for my kids to build!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Guys, I'm fairly sure the F-5 was a single seater, this looks like a T-38 painted up like an F-5...

Last edited:
The F-5B was two seat version. 5 of them given to Thailand as well as 39 F-5E models.
Spent a little time there at "Lion" Control. Couple tours at "Paddy" and Paris" as well.

Last edited:

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Well done guys, I knew you would come through. These were just not I expected to see driving into town, so it was a double take. The next time we stopped to get the photos with the blessing of the guard.

'Remind me not to buy any models for my kids to build!' You know you don't mean it Jackal, I can see you building together☺

Jack, are you saying you were actually here in Udonthani? Do tell what second sentence means to an aircraft 'dummy'

Back