Lord Edward Montagu - RIP

Keith

As a local man to me, and the founder of the National Motor Museum a place familiar to many GT40 members who have visited over the years, I thought I might post this link to a potted history of this man's very interesting life. I met him one time, strangely enough not in a car environment but boats. He was into Nelsons and owned a series of beautiful launches all named "Cygnet". I aspired to owning one of these but sadly never achieved it.

I met him in the strangest of places. It was during the Queens Jubilee Spithead Review circa 1994. I was in my Fairey Huntress and Edward was in Cygnet IV I believe. We were on the "course" of HM Queens Review procession in HMS Endurance, and we both elected to moor to: USS Nimitz's anchor chain! Regretfully, no photos exist of that event, as we were not as into "photobombs" as they are today..

LORD MONTAGU: Tributes paid by Beaulieu estate to founder of National Motor Museum (From Daily Echo)

Keith

Quick correction: It was the USS George Washington, not the Nimitz, but the GW is of course, of the Nimitz class.

Back