Building your dream

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Amazing video Nick, great to watch and it would be great to see a detailed account of how he got all the parts together and engineered the car.:thumbsup:

Keith

Fantastic clip Nick! Couple of things spring to mind. I absolutely love the fact that he didn't restore the body and that it looks 'period distressed'. Secondly, although he appears to be an engineer with much skill, half the battle surely was finding that complete body. Just imagine trying to re-create that from photos!

Finally, what kind of mean spirited people would call it "fake" to his face and not recognise true automotive passion and a recreated work of art?

I was never known much for my patience when I was younger, and I would have to say, had it been me, the perp would be looking for his teeth on the tarmac...so all credit to his calm demeanour when provoked.

Dave,

They should do a whole program incorporating your idea in my opinion.

Keith,

Have to agree with a lot of what you say especially about the body, not sure about your retribution methods though ;).

Big debate going on Pistonheads at the moment (which is where someone posted this video) about replicas / kit cars with one contributor saying you had to be a really sad person to drive a replica. Does make me laugh how they are going on about original cars as being the only ones to have. Original as in Trigger's broom 5 new heads and 3 new handles but it's totally original.

I looked up his car history and he had proudly listed that he once owned a Viva HC and an Austin allegro. Now I like most cars even the VP allegro but I would rather be a sad person driving a GT 40 replica with a big grin on my face than an Austin Allegro

Keith

A Viva HC. I wouldn't even keep biscuits in that. As for an Allegro, I often wondered who bought the other one - it was my Mother's pride and joy for many years. It had a curiously flattened steering wheel, sort of a square oval if you will. I always thought it started off round and was misshapen by Mother's somewhat furious driving style :stunned:

I think your sad forum 'friend' is a wannabe. There can be no other explanation plus he needs to understand that the owners of exotic originals that race them (save for a few indefatigable rich die hards) have mostly had clones or replicas built... :)

Edit. The Revival race that featured D Types, Maserati Birdcage, Lister Knobbly's, there was hardly an original car in the Jaguar fleet.

Back