GT90 Info

Keith

Damn, Joe! That garage shot looks like you could just step in and drive off! I am beginning to really appreciate this car and I want one..... :evil:

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Re: Gt90 info thread

If someone were to build one, like is being done up in the build thread area, what kind of engine would be used? I know they came with a quad turbo V12, would one just source an Aston Martin Vanquish V12 and slap on a few turbo's and get to it? What's the consensus on that?

Keith

I'm not sure I would have been to keen on the quad turbo V12 and it sounds suspiciously like a concept idea to stimulate interest. I would, however, be happier with a good supercharged V8 of which there are many to choose from - Jag XJR/XKR for example- which kicks off at about 400 bhp right out of the box.

Damn, Joe! That garage shot looks like you could just step in and drive off!
thanks man.

Well Keith, you'd have to move the impact gun out of the way first... :thumbsup:

As far as the motor goes, in my opinion if money was not an issue, I would definitely want a to match the motor to the whole supercar exotic body by installing a high revving v12 or v10. 600hp minimum. One of those twin turbo'd v10's from the Heffners Performance Lambo Gallardo would do it for me too.

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel

Well you could go with the good ol' Ford GT 5.4L drivetrain. Pretty tried & true. But in order to stick with the recreation of the vehicle, at least a twin turbo V12, I mean come on... LOL

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter

The cheapest V12's around are probably Jag 5.3 but that would be no good in the emissions compliant Australian environment. As the car represents a 1990's design, it would probably have complience issues in other parts of the world too. This would make it a late model V12 from a BMW or Merc, but even these are getting old now so maybe Keith's suggestion of a supercharged V8 out of the latest Jag's or a supercharged mod motor (Australia has plenty of these) is the way to go.
Joe, the garage shot is magic, well done. All I need now is Genie in a bottle to blink one of those into my garage........

Keith

Not cheap I would imagine :stunned:

But this would fit the bill for the GT90 no doubt.. :)

New Aston Martin Volante Engine:

"Power is provided by Aston Martin's hand-built all alloy 6.0-litre V12 engine producing 510 bhp (380 kW / 517 PS), and 570 Nm (420 lb ft) of torque with a top speed of 191 mph (307 km/h) and 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) time of 4.3 seconds. The nature of the V12, and in particular the torque available at all engine speeds, serves to provide effortless driving in all situations."

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter

But what transaxle would you use? That much power would kill a second hand UN1 in seconds!

Ian

Here are a few "new to me" pictures of the GT90 at a ford autoshow in 2003. I believe it was the Ford Celebrate 100 years show. The engine shot is the only picture that I know of that has been taken after Ford got rid of the car. Unfortunately this picture does not help determine the cars powerplant, but I still doubt that is has the V12 quad turbo motor. I can only wish.
GT90in2003_4.jpg
GT90in2003_3.jpg
GT90in2003_2.jpg
GT90in2003_1.jpg

I have heard that the GT90 was at a Scottish motor show at in the end of '08. Anyone know what show this might be? Or might have pictures of the car there?

Here are a few pics of the car being built early to mid 90's. In the engine picture you can see an A/C compressor, according to the reviews the car had no A/C. Maybe it was a plan early on but they ran out of time. Anyhow enjoy:
gt07.jpg
gt06.jpg
gt08.jpg
gt09.jpg
gt10.jpg
gt11.jpg
gt12.jpg

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter

I take it that is 282 KPH or roughly 175 MPH....

Great pictures!!

Anyone else hear about the RM auto auction that was supposedly putting the GT90 on the block? Seems that the car was taken off the roster.

Here are a number of pics I found when browsing the internet for data on the GT90. I want to have a good looking model of it, so stripped a Maisto model and am rebuilding it. If anyone finds more pictures I'd appreciate it. For example I need more pics of the rear view mirror and engine.
Also does anyone know what the purpose is of the doorsill air intakes? With the doors closed only a small edge is sticking out, so they are normally blocked by the doors. On the pics in the link you can see the triangle shaped vent through the windscreen. Odd, probably fake?

I recently was given the opportunity to see this one of a kind car up close. 1995 Ford GT90 Concept - Album on Imgur

Keith

Moved here from Paddock. What on earth was it doing there? :huh:

Anyway Hans, it's a great thread but I wondered if you realised that it's 5 years since anyone has posted on it. Hopefully, it can be revived...

Yes I understand, but the GT90 is not dead yet. It's iconic status will only grow and it's a matter of time someone succeeds in producing a road legal kit. There are/have been plenty of GT40 kits. A kit car magazine recently wondered why noone has ever tried to produce a GT90 kit, and this got me thinking as well. Why couldn't Ultima build such a kit? They have all the know how and their chassis can take 1000bhp.
Anyway in a next issue CKC will publish about the GT90 and the people who have been trying to build one. Who knows what happens next?
Alternatively a GT90 could be built on a donor car, but the only suitable donor car I can think of is the Audi R8. That would probably double the cost over the build of a GT40 or Ultima.

Forgot to add this one:
recent video of the GT90, I suppose in the garage of the present owner:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dsYE509iYE

Last edited:
Back