Book: The Lightning Boys

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
True tales from pilots of the English Electric Lightning by Richard Pike ISBN 978-1-908117-15-1
Found this book in The Works when looking for holiday reading material. Just sunning myself in the Canary Islands and enjoying both exciting and humorous tales from pilots experiences.
No commercial interest, just the sort of book I know some of you might like. It was £7 at The Works. I used to commission Avon powered gas turbines for electricity generation and gas and oil pumping in a previous life, so interesting for me!
Dave

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Small world isn't it.
5 doors down the street from me, lives a friend whos father in law was a Lightning pilot. I met him many years ago and now remembered that he was a Lightning pilot. He did not have a story in the book, but when I looked through the pictures saw a group with his name. I mentioned the book to my friend and gave it to him for his father in law to read. Turns out he knew of it but hsdn't read it. So the book came back with his signature! I am really chuffed about that, and big respect to him and all the other pilots, lightnings or whatever they flew. I know there are some on this forum too, so I mean you! I know he ejected from a lightning and ditched a Buccaneer I think it was, so what can I say.

Attachments

• Fotor_14656549303518.jpg
    Fotor_14656549303518.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 203
Back