KVA For sale - Scotland

On a Q plate with Rover V8, Renault box, early chassis and looks like it needs some help. Starting bid £3,500 - no reserve.

Ebay KVA

92_12_sb.JPG

Rob

[ QUOTE ]
I think you'll find it does have a reserve on it

[/ QUOTE ]

Then it must have been an afterthought ...

Wonder what the reserve is? Bearing in mind that it has an 'A' series chassis (Cortina front subframe?), you can see the coilover pillars in the photo. The fit of the doors looks interesting and if the V5 document says that the car is anything other than a KVA it will need a SVA, the DVLA amnesty for incorrectly registered kit cars expired sometime last year /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
So whats it worth on the open market? £5000???

On that V5 issue, how big a hit should the car take value-wise if its incorrectly registered?
Reason is that I have looked a few cars and found a few potential ones that fit my needs, BUT the V5 has been incorrect. Not willing to take the chance with the sums involved I would have to rebuild the car to SVA spec (which cost money)

It is VERY bad news, there is normally an article here http://www.totalkitcar.com/tkc_article_121.shtml but seems to be a problem with the web site at the moment.
I would think if the asking price is the full market value you could knock off around 30% /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif windscreens are the major problem with older kits, if you can't find a kite marked screen to fit, you are dead in the water.
I think in this case you are talking mainly a LOT of TLC, but could turn into a HUGE project. It may be better to start from base with a new build.
Will be interesting to see what it goes for, assuming it sells.

Yep, Exactly my point..
The website works but you have to go in to totalkitcar.com and search on "V5" and the article pops up as one of the results. Considering the amnesty period existed for a while, I would consider it blissful ignorance or stupidity that all the kitcar owners didnt just get it done. I went to a used car dealer when I was looking for a Cobra and found a nice car, but alas, it was reg'ed as a Daimler. AAARRRgghh I thanked him for wasting my time and told him to fire the idiot salesman who bought the car of the ,now laughing, ex-owner.

Back