Base for 4 1 barrel Autolite setup

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
I believe this piece is the base for the 4 single barrel Autolite carb setup. To check out this item on eBay click here.

The opening price is $5.00 and no one has bid on it yet. It still has 9 days of a 10 day listing left on it though. Here is a picture of what is for sale. Check this one very closely as it is NOT complete.
90_1_b.JPG

Keith

Wasn't this a trick in-line 4bbl piece made up by Ford for Trans Am wars in the early '70's? If so, my understanding that the item is as rare as rocking horse s*** and quite valuable as a collectors item. Shame it's not complete., but there again it wouldn't be kicked off at 5 bucks would it!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
They are pretty rare, but there is someone on the forum that has one of these Autolite units on his GT40. I know because I have a picture of it on my GT40 gallery. I just can't remember who it is.

Lynn

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Ford / Autolite Part number D0ZX-9510-A
Called a "Cross Boss" carb as shown in-line on Greg's engine or sometimes used as a pair.
Reputed to have better flow rates than the Weber IDA set up for racing. There were two models, the lesser one that I have flows at 855 cfm from memory. The larger model was used in NASCAR racing.

Last edited:

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Barry Grant is developing a billet version of this carb It has replaceable venturis, so that the cfm can be size adjusted. A picture from the SEMA show should be included here. It is called the Barry Grant Badman and is currently being developed for the Big and Small block Chevys.
Regards Brian

Attachments

• Barry Grant badman.jpg
    Barry Grant badman.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 251

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Cool piece Brian, that would look good in GT40 rear window.

BTW, the D2HM-9A483-1 is a Holman-Moody number if anyone was wondering.

Lynn

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
No thanks friend -
I'll take the original Weber set-up any day, then maybe the Cross Boss.

Back