KVA on UK ebay

"Built on a 1966 Ford donor chassis"

HUH???? that'd be an Anglia then......or maybe a Mk 2 Cortina... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

this is the same car dave champ was selling in the gt40 for sale section sold to a trader who buy the looks of it is now selling via ebay

It is Chris and what's more it's on Autotrader at a bar meal under 40 grand!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
By the way hello to you all, I'm a newbie (as you can see) and am looking towards GT40 ownership so i'm watching all the cars that come up an all the different sites.

Carl,

This is for sale over on the gt40 enthusiasts club site....
For Sale - John Osborne [email protected]

GT40 - The car is currently going back together with a rod g/shift. There is a choice of engines, a fast road 3.5ltr Rover V8 or a very quick 4Ltr TVR Power built 385bhp race engine. The spec is: GTD Body & Chassis, Granada front brakes & Callipers, Granada rear drum brake, (easy swap for disks if you can weld), Twin servo brake system, Renault Transaxle with high 5th gear mod (GTA), Quaife limited slip diff, Internal Gear shift mech reworked by Chris Cole, F Catt rod g/shift linkage, Custom Rover to Renault bell housing, JP exhaust headers with street silencer and open pipe race rear ends, MSD ignition system, GTD Roll cage, Twin F/tanks & F/pumps, Full GTD instruments, GTD seats, Harnesses, Quick release steering wheel, 7” Revolution 5 Spokes with 215/60 BFG tyres (front), 9” Revolution 5 spokes with 265/50 BFG tyres (rear).

This car has been finished and used on the road, so it is not just a collection of parts that may or may not work well together. Only additional work/ parts required are relocation of r/anti roll bar to later GTD under G/box position, carpets and paint. It has recorded a 12.05sec/110 mph pass on the drag strip with the 4ltr engine.

Race engine spec: Original X bolted race block, Cast crank, Farndon H beam steel rods, Cosworth forged pistons, TVR power ported heads, Stainless valves, Race dual valve springs, Alloy roller rockers (adjustable), H/duty pushrods, Steel rocker posts (with outrigger end support), Poly-Vee water pump drive, Kenne Bell oil pressure plate, Adjustable o/press relief valve, Roller cam chain with steel chain wheels, 248 mech cam, Solid lifters, Huffacker race single plane, I/manifold ( Hi rise), Holley 600 cfm double pumper carb, Remote thermostat housing

16K or 18.5K depending on engine.

Simon

Hi Simon,
Thanks for that. I think I would really like one with a Ford engine from what I have read up to now, although I am liable to change my mind! I'ts early days yet and I'll have to get around to selling my other car. I also want to drop in on a couple of meetings to chat to you all to find out a bit more about the ownership of a 40

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Carl

It all comes down to your budget and how much work you want to put in to it.

I seriously considered this one but being 6'3" and too heavy I find the GTD tight on space. I found a DAX still in the making and got that instead but do not expect it to be on the road for less than this one. It too has a Rover mill.

So you get this car - it is already road registered so you do not need to do the SVA route. It still needs painting so you get your choice of colours, it then could be on the road pretty quickly. Then as time and or cash allows you upgrade the brakes, swop the engine and it doesn't have to be a new one and still no SVA.

Just my thoughts. (After my engine has done some work I also think I would look at swopping for a Ford unit

Ian

Back