SS monocoque CAV on eBay

Ron Earp

Admin
Some made it to Hawaii - not every company can say that. Nice car and cheap price - car with motor for $65k? Not bad at all.

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Actually, this car has been for sale for awhile and from what I understand he keeps lowering the price, needs to sell. Don't quote but I was told he will accept 55-60k. This could be one of those rare deals that rarely come up, the last being Rick Merz' GTD.

Nothing to do with me. Usual caveats

I am in Hawaii and will try to keep it here but on Oahu. I thought I wouldn't see one for me so I am building models from that era. Working on 6 and will include diorama. Almost missed it!

hoj, it's much more fun having one you can actually drive. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Got for it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Let us know how you go.

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
It sold for $59.900 with one bid. I've sent the buyer, Itisacar, an invite to visit here. He may already be a member here; he may be you. If so, tell us all about it!

Regards,
Lynn

Well, I am not sure if the message was sent or not. eBay has this thing now where you have to give them credit card info so that you can send a message to a buyer. Sounds like BS to me. I see where the buyer also bought a '68 XKE last month, so he is either loaded, loves '60s sportscars or is a dealer. (Or some combination of the three :)

I missed that one but buying another. He lowered his - buy it now - and someone got it before I saw it. The shipping to Hawaii is $1000 but no one will take anything with less than 6" ground clearance. This owner said he didn't have a problem if he supplied a flat bed towtrunk at either end to put it in and out of container. Neither he or the buyer would reply after the sale. Every shipping company I have talked to so far says 6" and that's it. Never heard of the flatbed being used. Any one have any recommendations. One company has not called back. Last chance.

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Hojnacki, I know of a guy there named Denis Yogi who has purchased at least two Panteras and they have a clearance under 6", so there MUST be some way to do it. If you want, I can try to get in touch with him to see how he managed.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Yes,
You can use a roll back to place the car in a container. I used to do this with Cobras from England. The shipping companies will not bother to use ramps...they damaged a Cobra once by backing out of the container, dropping it on the oil cooler scoop and doing over 10K worth of damage...they were under instructions to leave it in the container until we arrived.

Also you can have the container put on a chassis and back it up to a loading dock with a dock plate, the car will roll right in. I have also used this method.
Rick

The shipping companies will not work with me. No 6" clearance won't even talk to me. The Cav supposedly was going to load with a rollback? No options as to loading into container. Please contact Yogi!

I suggest you contact forum member Jerry McGlothin. I think he had an acceptable solution to the CAV shipping height problem, but I do not recall his method.

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Hojnacki, here is what I got from my Pantera friend:

I had the same problem when I shipped my Pantera home from Oakland,
California. The personnel at the oakland piers related that Hawaii
would not accept the lower cars because of problems unloading the car
from the container to the docks. Apparently there is a height
difference. I had them call Hawaii to check again. Hawaii told them
that they would accept the car. Upon picking up my vehicle in Hawaii, I
inquired about the height problem. They related that in Hawaii, they
have hard foam planks that they used to shore up against the container
eliminating the drop off so it was not a problem. I used Horizon
shipping (http://www.shipmyvehicle.com/Ship_Car_Hawaii_Alaska.aspx) If
I can be of any assistance on this end, let me know. I am in Honolulu,
Hawaii on the island of Oahu.

If you wish to contact Denis, please PM (private mail) me with your contact info and I'll forward it to him.

Finally found a company that will put it on a pallet in Ohio and can be put on and taken off with a fork lift. $5600. He already went home for the weekend. It was only 11:00 in Hawaii.

Finally found a company that will put it on a pallet in Ohio and can be put on and taken off with a fork lift. $5600. He already went home for the weekend. It was only 11:00 in Hawaii. It was shipmyvehicle

I'm crawling through old posts and saw your - gosh darn. Sorry to hear about such a dreadful experience.

I don't know if you're thinking of shipping your car again, but if you are I once used www.a1autotransport.com and they did good by me. Cost me 2k to ship from SF to Miami and delivered without an issue. Of course I wish it was cheaper, but compared to driving my baby shipping her was much more economical.

Back