You won't Believe This Ebay Item

You won\'t Believe This Ebay Item

Click here

[ QUOTE ]
This kit car completed with V 8 drive train in pristine condition has sold on the auction block in the Jackson Barrett Auto Aution in most recent sales, for between 57,000 and 81,000 US dollarsfor the reproductions. A little extra info... the originals are selling on the auction block for between 97,2000 and 429,300 US dollars. My opinion this kit is well worth the investment. I have had this car since April of 2000, was kept in storage for four years, and has been home for one. I bought this car because it was very unique and I had never seen one before. Through about a hundred hours of research I found that this car was very rare. Everytime I have uncovered this car, I have been visisted from interested buyers. Until recently, the car was not for sale, not even to the collectors that offered more than this reserve price.

[/ QUOTE ]

Re: You won\'t Believe This Ebay Item

pretty friggin sweet!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter

Bill -

We blew it, we should have got that instead of the RCR /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sandy

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Look on the bright side, it must have good fuel economy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

HaHaHaHaHaHaHa..............thanks ,its been a tough week at work. As an old saying goes there is an ass for every seat!

You know, that cobra actually looks very nice.
I bet a few people would give a double take when it starts up though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

As for the first link, wll, thats best left unfinished imo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If this sells, the seller should have a go at cold-calling from a boiler room. With his gift for a sales pitch he'll make millions!

For curiosity, I asked the seller if the body was close to an original GT40. Here is his answer:

[ QUOTE ]
The body looks like the gt 40 and the chasis is vw. the original had gullwings.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to lay down. This is too much for me.

Bill D

Anyone know where I can get my hands on one of those 6-speed ZFs that Ford used in the Sixties? Must be quite rare.

Hey guys, the item only has 27 minutes left and the bidding is up to $1,675!! Better hurry if you want a full race 289 and an ultra rare ZF 6-spd

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter

Bill -

It's gone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Don't think that the bidding didn't get HOT! It went for $1625

Every time I read the description it cheers me up, like the "2 part spider wheels" (Rim and Tire???)

Sandy :)

"In storage for four years"...."everytime I uncovered it"...

It's nice to see someone that cares enough to maintain a rare car in it's original condition. So much nicer than an over restored garage queen.

Can't stop laughing at the over the top write-up!!!!

Mitch

Back