CAV in CA

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen

Click Pic for auction listing.

Bidding stands at $37,705.00 w/ reserve not met on this SS mono CAV located in Salinas, CA. 7 days remain on auction.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Yet another one represented as "...not a kit".

Yet, not an original.

What do you suppose it is (other than factory built)?

Doug

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
My 2 cents....

Re-production implies that this same company has gone back and produced another run of the original production, thus implying that this is the original manufacturer. Only Safir, Alan Mann or Holman Moody can claim that honour.

A more fitting term would perhaps be replica, as this suggests a very close copy without referring to any relationship with the originator.

Bill.

it does come down to semantics some times,however a kit definitly means the car was delivered in pieces and some individual put them together. My CAV was not delivered as a kit,however, apparently you can request it in kit form and thus it would described as such. Kit is not a derogatory term,it simply defines the product.

How specific do you nit pickers want to get. The man clearly states what it is. A factory built REPLICA- and reproductions of lots of items are made by someone other than the original maker. I don't see any problem with the statements in this add, for what looks to be a very nice unit. I don't the car or the individual.

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
The only problem I have with the description is " Year 1966 " since he's describing the replica and that's what he's selling why not list the real build date? Not nitpicking in my opinion just misrepresentation. Nice looking car though.
Ross

in the states it is customary to use the date it is registered as or the date it replicates. My Kirkham is registered as a 1966 cobra 427 and that is the year cobra it replicates. No intentional misrepresentation intended as anyone buying my car would know it was built later than that. (much later)

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
That seems strange to me Chuck but if it is normal practice in America then I agree with you.It's possible differences like this around the world, are the cause of a lot of confusion in this Global market we now have.
Ross

ross nicol said:
That seems strange to me Chuck but if it is normal practice in America then I agree with you.It's possible differences like this around the world, are the cause of a lot of confusion in this Global market we now have.
Ross

Most states have the "right attitude" towards registration in that the description on paper and in the computers database should make the car more identifiable for policing purposes like theft recovery and such. However, DMVs in some states like California, New York, Connecticut, have required that a "homebuilt" car be registered as a special construction vehicle and registration description would state the year of assembly and the designation "custom". Extra revenue or more work, whatever the reasoning, makes it tedious for enthusiasts lucky enough to reside in those states. I for one, had to go through a tedious inspection, certification, examination, and re-regisration/titling process for my Cobra that has now changed my previous '66 Ford Convertible registration to '99 Custom, although the car was built in 2001. No explanantion other than at my next safety inspection, the computers will revert to '81 emission standards. So now, I have a '99 Custom that was built in '01, looks like a '66 Ford Convertible, and must pass a '81 emission standards sniff test to get my '07 stickers. Maybe the Democrats can straighten this out...:lol:

Back