'87-'89 G50 on eBay

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
German Auto Dismantlers G50 Auction

I will post a picture once sellar confirms the production year of this transaxle. I have emailed to sellar asking him to verify if the transaxle pictured is the transaxle for sale; and, if not, I asked for verification that it is indeed an '87-'89 model, preferrably by providing the stamped numbers off of the bottom of the case.

BTW, I also gave them a heads up that forum members will probably be wanting solid assurance of exactly what is for sale following reports of transaxle(s) being received from this sellar that were not as represented in the auction.

You may want to read their Company Policy prior to bidding.

Lynn

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
Lynn, I hope they respond to you; I asked for my transaxle's S/N by email twice and telephone once and never received it. Their communications could use a lot of improvement, as well as the way they conduct their business.

Anyone is welcome to PM me about my transaxle buying experience with this vendor.

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
John,

I remember your issues with these guy and that is exactly why I posted this item the way that I have with all the caveats.

Thanks,
Lynn

Thanks Lynn and John, I am looking to buy another G50/01 and had been watching this auction. I had asked the seller some similar questions and no response so far. Great heads up on this seller.

Seems kinda high b.i.n. price for an G50/01 doesn't it? Colin got my current one for $1,700 delivered from Oklahoma Foriegn 3 years ago. I have the reciept and wonder if those kind of deals can be found still.

Any one trips up on a G50/01 or G50/50 or 52, please give me a shout, Thanks

TC

I especially like this part of the policy:

SHOULD ANY PART PROVE TO BE DEFECTIVE FOLLOWING ITS PURCHASE, THE BUYER, AND NOT GERMAN AUTO DISMANTLERS, INC., ASSUMES THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING OR REPAIR.

Nice policy. They ship you junk and it your problem.

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
xlr8or said:
I especially like this part of the policy:

SHOULD ANY PART PROVE TO BE DEFECTIVE FOLLOWING ITS PURCHASE, THE BUYER, AND NOT GERMAN AUTO DISMANTLERS, INC., ASSUMES THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING OR REPAIR.

Nice policy. They ship you junk and it your problem.

G A D has no credibility as a quality or reasonable supplier, IMHO. In view of what has previously been written about them and this latest information, surely no one on this forum would even contemplate dealing with them! Maybe OK if you were local and could inspect everything properly first, but there again I always thought their pricing was a little high anyway. They do sound like rip-off merchants. As always BUYER BEWARE. I concluded long ago that the risks in dealing with them appeared excessive, so refrained.

I just hope they don't catch out any of the newer forum members who may not be aware.

Cheers

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
TC,

When I contacted GAD, I made it clear that I was associated with the forum here and they still haven't responded to me either. NOT A GOOD SIGN. Certainly not the actions of stand-up vendor who wants to maintain a good relationship with its customer base.

Unfortunately, the demand for the G50 as steadily increased since '99 when I bought mine. This demand hasn't gone unnoticed by the suppliers and the prices have steadily increased along with that demand. It has also opened the door for scam artists and those who would try to push similar items off onto an unsuspecting, trustful buyer.

Lynn

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
Lynn, it's been another week, and this auction ends tomorrow. I'm curious if GAD ever replied to you about this box?

The more I learn about them, the more wary I would be now of buying from them. I do have to say that I don't know for certain that I've been burnt with my G50/03 purchase, but as I mentioned in another thread, their business practices are dodgy IMO, and the box that was delivered to me was not the one that was advertised.

Anyway, I've just committed to buy a G50/52 from CMS, and will probably go ahead and send Bobby my G50/03, for a teardown & rebuild so that at least I can resell it with confidence to someone else. Anyone looking for a G50 fresh from CMS?

Back