Racing and Sport car chassis design book

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I had this book circa 1969 and lent it out, bad move as I never got it back. A very good primer on design and suspension theory.

I got mine new in 1966. A newer edition circa 1971 is also out there. Everything you need to know about space frames is in there...

Jack

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
That book inspired my education in drafting.

Of course, it also inspired my chassis doodlings in study hall, math, English, history and particularly in Spanish where my teacher in a very kind offer took, my five semester tests, added the resulting scores and DID NOT DIVIDE to make my final grade!!! Alas, I STILL did not pass!!!! But I did design a killer F1 monocoque that got me a good grade in my drafting class. In fact, my teacher did not believe that I had imagined the tub, he was sure I had copied it from someplace. As I at 15was sure that I knew more than Chapman, Taurenac and the rest, I held firm that my car would spank all them "Yurpeans" that were building F1 cars and shortly Dan Gurney would be calling me..........strangely I am still waiting!! But I have had the great honor of meeting Dan and having him kindly autograph my 1968 photo of him in the "Olsonite Mclaren F1" car at Watkins.

I just may bid and buy that book just for old times sake.

Back