Unusual "GT40" moulds on ebay

Don't know why, but when I saw the photos on the Jetstream site, I had a wild hunch that John Donnelly (ex-Sabre GT40) was involved in this venture. Sure enough, he's the technical director and founder of Jetstream Cars. Nice to see that he's still involved in building cars, since he fell off the GT40 radar a few years back (2002?). He built a nice car, back in the day. If I remember correctly, his last effort at a GT40 was this particular roadster. I'd be inclined to believe that the moulds are well made(age notwithstanding), as the rolling chassis for this car was a piece of artwork from the photos that I saw of it.

From the Jetstream site:

Jetstream Sportscars high performance sports car SC range was originally penned by John Donnelly our Technical Director and founder of Jetstream Sportscars Ltd, who has had years of experience building high performance cars ranging from Brabham Formula 1 to Ford GT40 replicas.

I know that it's a little late in the game now, but it might be a help for Sabre owners (Lynn, et al) to have a contact number for him. +44(0)1209 808244

Hope it helps somebody.

Bill

Back