Alan Mann's Superformance P2147 for sale

They've also got some other of his stuff but the email includes this photo which is so neat I though I'd post it

Attachments

• Alan_Mann_Racing_Transporter_Cobras.jpg
    Alan_Mann_Racing_Transporter_Cobras.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 390

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Very nice!

I could be wrong, but that moter looks just like mine, a Roush 342R, additionally, that looks like the same Holley 4brl carb, not as they say "4-barrel throttle body fuel injection".

His SPF was entered in the COYS auction at the Autosport Show Birmingham (UK) last weekend but went unsold as it didnt reach the reserve. Quite a few of the Alan Mann cars were auctioned. His P68 was also displayed during the auction for private sale through COYS at £930k and is still available today if anyone out there interested?

Email from Coys : a clean sweep of all of the Alan Mann Racing Collection

But as is their way probably no prices for several months

85k PLUS BUYERS PREMIUMS

...that is, 85K GBP, which is knocking on $133,000 USD! :shocked:

It seems to me that there would be money to be made exporting SPF GT40s to Europe and selling them there. However, to do well in the UK they would have to be RHD and almost assuredly would have to be Mk 1s, as the Mk 2 doesn't seem to have gained much traction over there....

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Mike,

Remember this car was a "one off" in the livery department and more especially, was once owned by Alan Mann. I'd guess this was an investment opportunity. Even so, nice to have gone around Le Mans in it....

Back