Customs Broker Recomendation NY or Balt Port

Hello Groupffice:eek:ffice" /><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
P><P><FONT color=black><FONT face=Verdana>Long time lurker and first post. I am considering importation of kit car components from <
<st1:country-region w:st="on">UK</st1:country-region></st1:place>. While this is not a GT 40 KIT I know several of you have done this. I would like the recommendation of a Broker who has experience in such an Import. What I intend to Import is a very basic parts kit, No windshield, tires, brakes or any actual power train components, mainly suspension and tubular frame and fiberglass body parts. I searched post regarding FS7 form but my understanding is this only relates to parts that may be regulated by DOT. I do not believe I have such parts. I am still in the decision stage and trying to acquire estimates to Import. As of now I have on shipping estimate from <st1:country-region w:st="on">UK</st1:country-region> to <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeType w:st="on">Port</st1:placeType> of <st1:placeName w:st="on">Baltimore</st1:placeName></st1:place>. I called a customs agent and said if it is a LCL( less than container) shipment and it probably is it must go to port of NY first than shipped by truck to port of Baltimore and there do customs clearance. But NY broker said may be best just too clear in NY and save the inland freight from <st1:placeType w:st="on">port</st1:placeType> of <st1:placeName w:st="on">NY</st1:placeName> to <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Baltimore</st1:City></st1:place> and use this money to transport to me. <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Baltimore</st1:place></st1:City> is about 1/2 distance from me to NY so it may not matter anyhow. But I have noticed others have used <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Baltimore</st1:place></st1:City> on this site too.<o:p></o:p>

So any contact you can provide regarding experienced customs broker or even shipping company or other information will be appreciated.<o:p></o:p>
Thanks<o:p></o:p>
Tom<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

Back