What chassis is this

Markus, as its reasonably close to you, you could call Albion Motors and find out.
(closer than I am in Melbourne - different time zones)

Markus

SPRF40
Lifetime Supporter
Hello Ryan,

I think Charlie answered the question.

Thanks Charlie, do you have additional information on "buildingandracingalegend.com"?

Where are they located, manufactured?
What about build quality, accuracy, interchangeability?
Cost?

The link was shared previously - but I don't recall a discussion on them.

Thanks
Markus

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Hello Markus,

Long time no speak, it's good to see some of us old timers still around.

They are based in the UK. Given the fact that they have achieved FIA HTP papers, I guess the rest is down to whoever takes on the build.
I do know that several rather large racing teams here in the UK, you will have heard of them, have chosen this chassis instead of a Gelscoe.
I think that speaks volumes. I have inspected several of their chassis and I do not see the same ' commercial decisions ' in the chassis build that two other manufacturers have made. As I oversee restorations of original cars, I am well acquainted with what to look for. All the hidden holes for equipment that was never fitted back in the day, are a dead give away. If I was contemplating a monocoque build, this chassis would be my choice, indeed I have one on order.
This is a current advert of theirs:

FIA SPEC GT40 MK1 MONOCOQUE CHASSIS For Sale | Car And Classic

I guess price depends on your specification, but I was offered a price significantly less than the competition and actually, they answered my emails, unlike Gelscoe.

Back