GTD Trip to Bedford Autodrome

MWGT40

Supporter
I plan to go to the Bedford Autodrome on Saturday 27th April. I haven't been there before but apparently it is a great circuit with lots of run-off areas. Check out their website at www.bedford-autodrome.com. The track day on the 27th of April is being organised by RMA. I believe the cost will be £245 for the day (unless you are already a circuit club member already).

I will advise on the number of places in my next posting. However, if you are interested, let me know. The more GT40s, the merrier!

Thanks

Martin

MWGT40

Supporter
I just found out that there is a 101db noise restriction at this circuit - so you had better make sure that your car can pass this (quite strict) noise test. I will also have to check mine if it can make it with the silencers fully packed in fact !

G

Hi Martin

Is this noise test at 0.5 m or 10 m ie static or drive by? If it is 101 dB on drive by you should be ok but static will be very difficult even with newly repacked silencers.

Malcolm

MWGT40

Supporter
Malcolm

I am not sure. I will find out and let you know. Charles Kergon asked the same question.

Regards

Martin

MWGT40

Supporter
I have heard back from the circuit and unfortunately the noise test is 101dba measured at 0.5 metres (4,500 rpm), and the drive by test is 87dbA measured 20m from the centreline of the car.

Based on these overly onerous requirements, I plan to give this circuit a miss which is a shame as it sounds really good.

As usual, the local bureaucrats have conspired against people having fun in case we are heard by a passing sheep.

Anybody interested in doing a trip to Spa-Francorchamps instead?

Martin

G

I guessed that would be the answer. Guess it is the downside to our cars, but at least there are plenty of upsides to compensate!

If you want goo dtrack time talk to Donnington and get on to their mail list for their track days and evenings. Costs are average for nowadays but you should be able to get in on a standard noise day if you look after your silencers. I plan to go there sometime this year. After Brands Hatch it is one of the best UK circuits, being three dimensional.

Malcolm

MWGT40

Supporter
Charles Kergon is also interested in Donnington so why don't we coordinate on dates. How does sometime in April sound?

G

Hi Martin

I would be more than happy to let you know when I plan to go to Donnington but don't have specific plans yet. You may not be aware that Wendy and I have the next F1 champion (it could be a female champion in the future!!!!) on the way, due in late May. This is interfering with (or rather I am learning to adjust) my plans for car activities. So currently I am looking a for a three seater and there is only one of those I know of so far!
Whatever, if I go and if we can group up that would be more fun. If you go earlier then let me know and I can see what can be done, possibly just to come and meet you and watch if nothing else. I know Charles will be interested to know of any planned trips.

regards

Malcolm

Yes, I'm keen to go to Donington, dates permitting. Are there any on the horizon, and is there anyone else out there who would like to come along? Roy, Paul, Andrew, Dave, Ray, Frank etc...?

Malc, as regards your future F1 champion, it's worth remembering that he/she made a good start by accompanying Wendy at the Brighton Speed Trials - where she beat you
shocked.gif

Charles

G

Charles, I shall not rise to the bait, although isn't Henry tall enough now to reach your pedals?
Malcolm
grin.gif

Malcolm, I have just come up with a design modification for your GTD to make it a three seater (baby seat in middle)Interested? Frank

G

It appears that any baby seat should, according to all my beloved freinds, be on the right next to the gear stick! The car might then go quicker! Pah.

Malcolm
tongue.gif

Back