Ford Show Sept 21 Chantilly VA Ted Britt Ford

Come celebrate the 100th anniversary of Ford at our annual fall show (1st time at this location). We had a GT40 show up at out spring concours show one year so I know there is/was at least one GT40 in the Wadhington DC area.
Contact me at [email protected] for more info.
The dealership is brand new and there is a GT350 clone in the showroom.

Attachments

• 21037-fords5.JPG
    21037-fords5.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 406
As my GT40 is disassembled/dead I can't bring it to the Ford Centennial show in VA on Sept. 21, but maybe my original 427 S/C Cobra (CSX3047) can make it. It is original/unrestored and usually needs a trail car following it on the highway to pick up parts that fall off, but the distance from my home in Annapolis to VA shouldn't be that bad. Like you with your 'Stang, I've driven the old Cobra to events at Watkins Glen, Charlotte, Lime Rock, etc. and done track laps with it. Even though it's beat to heck and looks like cr--, folks seem to appreciate it more than the museum and garage queens because it is driven and used (at least a bit). Makes me appreciate even more J-6. The car looks like a museum piece--it is stunning "in person"--but is driven--a lot! Keep in touch via e-mail ([email protected]).

Glad to hear there are some original cobras out there. I see so few at SAAC conventions except for Hank's 289.
You can come to the Easton Ford event which is a lot closer to you. I emailed you the specifics (august 16th). It's going to be very laid back and I invited the SAAC Group MD folks too. I am the VP of the National Capital Region Mustang club.

Attachments

• 21075-machWatkins.JPG
    21075-machWatkins.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 434
Back