Goodwood - FOS and Revival Meetings

Hi again
Whilst on a roll, how about some forum member 'get-togethers' at the Goodwood events this year??

The 'Festival of Speed' takes place on 7th 8th and 9th of June....

And the 'Revival Meeting' on 1st 2nd and 3rd of September...

If you're thinking of attending, make it known here and let's try to arrange some friendly meetings.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Ron - are you coming over again?

Unfortunately, the Festival Of Speed is the same weekend as the Le Mans Classic, I think for the first time the planners at Goodwood fouled up big time !! Frank

Proper dates For Festival Of Speed

Paul,
I only saw your thread today and to stop confusion of the Festival of Speed dates.
I know that the proper dates for the Goodwood Festival Of Speed are 7th,8th and 9th JULY Definately not JUNE. I will be going to this (FoS) I would be glad to meet any forum members, PM me.
Regards Allan

Hi all I was wondering if ay body is going to be at the Festival Of Speed next week? I remember last year I think or it could have been the year before lol there was a stand by the helicopter pad with 2 maybe 3 gt40s on it I was wondering if it was anybody from the forum?

jez

Hi all I was wondering if ay body is going to be at the Festival Of Speed next week? I remember last year I think or it could have been the year before lol there was a stand by the helicopter pad with 2 maybe 3 gt40s on it I was wondering if it was anybody from the forum?

jez

I suspect you may be referring to Chris Melia's contribution to the art ! He mentions in another post he is doing a car this year but I do not know if its real or replica again

Mike Trusty

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Goodwood/LeMans Schedule

I'm new to the list and this may be old news but there was a comment about the Goodwood people messing up by scheduling the same weekend as LeMans. The origanizer at Goodwood indicated that it was intentional because of the exploding interest in Goodwood. It was their effort to reduce crowds at the Festival.

I was at the LeMans event and it was great but hot.

After reading many of these posts I realize I should have introduced myself in the GT40 coral area and could have met many of you. I have been fortunate to work on and drive several original cars over the years and am the proud new owner of a SPF Mark II. Anyway you have just suffered my first post.

Stand at Goodwood Festival of Speed??

jez
I think the stand your thinking about was The GT40 Enthusiasts Club Stand.
I think the car Chris was envolved in was Fords 1965 GT40 MK1 P1008 Press car being made up to look like the 1966 Ford GTMKII Le Mans winner P1046.
Regards Allan

Back