6 heures Spa-Francorchamps 30/9-1/10

There will be at least two GTDs racing in that meeting, we will be there with Robins "yellow peril" and Phil Froud in his red car. We will be pleased to meet any of you who can come to the meeting, our race is Sunday afternoon. Frank

Emiel,

We have at least 4 GTD40 from Belgium coming by road if weather permits.
Suggest we coordinate trip to meet at Carestel Parking on Highway before Leuven at 09H00 on saturday and leave from there to Spa together.
Sofar we have Rene de ridder,the guy from St Niklaas,Michel Bouty from Brussels,myself ... and you?
Give me a call friday aft.

Rgds
Fred

planning to go on sunday or is saturday a better day to go?(last year was great and only 10euro's for the weekend) graham are you going this year? greetings rick

Just got back from Spa at 3.00AM after a very stormy road trip through Belgium and France, and the sea crossing to England. A BIG THANK YOU to all of the guys who turned up to support us, we had friends from Belgium, Germany, Holland, France and Sweden, as well as the UK, join us over the weekend, Frank

Hi Malc, no dramas this year. 74 cars entred for the 1 hour race for the British Sports and Saloon car challenge race. 66 cars actually started the race after a few fell out due to mechanical problems in practice or crashes in the 6 hours. Robin was 20th on grid and finished 23, Phil finished at 32. Both had a very good race, and both managed to complete 1 hour without refuelling, due in part to a light shower slowing things for about 10 minutes, and then a safety car due to a mighty accident to one of the mustangs at the top of Eu Rouge. The cars at the front of the race were mainly pure racers, whereas Robin, Phil and a lot of the later runners are road legal cars enjoying a race. Frank

Hi Frank,
can you tell me wich car won the 6 hour's
was it the gt or the fairlane , because when we left on saturday at 6:30 the fairlane was still driving in lead with 2 seconds

I'm glad to hear that everything went ok and they had a good race sorry couldn't be there on sunday to mayby next year the entire weekend (with my car as well )

Frank

It was nice seeing you all again Frank and Robin.So nice to see these cars race.This year was much more fortunate for you.Best of all wich car won the 6 hour race?Yes ofcourse the gt 40 of Shaun Lynn, could it be better!Very surprisingly second place was for a Ford Fairlane thunderbolt.It was like a fight between David and Goliath.What a suspense seeing these cars racing eachother.Greetings to all Emiel

luckily the weather was good all weekend despite the forecasts.Racers could go flat out on a mostly dry surface although a few crashed happened.This event will surely be next year in my calender and hopefully we will see more forties on and off the track.Emiel

I did enjoy myself at Francorchamps to se all those beautyfull cars.
I will thank Frank Catt for his help and service on my GTD.
Will be sure next year there again.

Back