Cobra Club of Orange County's at Willowsprings Oct 28/29 2006

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
West Coast Folks -

Below is the info I copied from the site. An excellent Ford powered only event with some very nice collection of Ford, Cobra, Tiger and Shelby autos. Been many times and it is a great collection of cars and people. I think also the Los Angeles Shelby club will be hosting a less risky time trials in the Budwiser plateau (Cone race). Links below.

Cobra Owners Club of America, Orange County // COCOAOC>
LASAAC.org - Los Angeles Shelby American Automobile Club - Home

Sandy

Willow Springs: Oct 28, 29th

willow.jpg

Willow Springs: Oct 28 & 29, 2006
Come out to Willow Springs Intl Raceway and join us for the bi-annual COCOA open track event at Willow. All Ford performances cars are welcome, so make sure to check it out!

Great event!! Len Park and his guys run a good open track. I will be there with Dk.Blue/Light blue gulf stripe GTD.Another Dk Blue with twin White stripes should be there. Look us up. We are generally in the back paddock between the gift shop and the entrance office. We will probably arrive late Friday afternoon to park etc. The risk on track at Len's event is minimal.

40 bud wrote:
I will be there with Dk.Blue/Light blue gulf stripe GTD.Another Dk Blue with twin White stripes should be there. Look us up. We are generally in the back paddock between the gift shop and the entrance office.

That's it! I'm going!!

I'll be sure to look you guys up. Maybe I can get a ride during parade laps ina GT40

Bill D

Last edited:

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
BillD/Bud

I'm thinking of it, I have to change the oil and crimp one wire on the Mustang, and I might be able to get that done :) If I don't muster the energy to do the tow with the car I'll likely show up to check things out. It is a good weekend, and some good track time. They have a good bunch of instructors that will also take you out and give you some lessons in your car and are very concerned with ensuring it a safe event. They were one of the few groups that were still allowed to have a passenger session, not sure if they still do it cuz' of track policy. It is awsome to see some of these orig cars being hammered! (Don't forget LEADED RACING FUEL)

It is a very good event Lynn and his crew usually show with load of friends and most have some awsome cars. A few time his brother comes down some on the deck fly by's with his MIG Jet plane (upgraded of course to a big GE engine), it is pretty crazy how low he gets to the track. (FAA Note - I'm kidding, he stays well above the required altitude)

Hopefully it will be a nice cool day too :)

Look forward to running into you guys, I'll have the Red/Black 65 Fastback that looks a bit like a modern R-Model Shelby.

Sandy

Last edited:

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Oil changed, head lights taped, now just needs a car wash and a starter wire fix :)

The applications are also now on the site, I think it is $200 for both days and $20 for the dinner.

Look forward to meeting you folks!

Sandy

Back