Goodwood Revival...

Well - only a couple of weeks to go to the Mecca of Historic Motor Racing, the Goodwood Revival and I've just received some details of planned races and entered drivers. The info is available on the official Goodwood site also but posting here might also push a few of those that were thinking of going to actually attending...:)

Looks like a great line up too - I especially like the look of The St Mary's Trophy this year - 2006 was Saloon cars of the 50s, this year its the 60s, so Ford Galaxie, Mustang, Falcon etc will be fighting it out with Mini Coopers and Lotus Cortina - oh, not forgetting Dodge Dart and Plymouth Barracuda - COOL!!!!:pepper:

Possible Driver Line Up here: http://www.gt40s.com/gallery/index.php?n=534

Proposed Race Schedule here: http://www.gt40s.com/gallery/index.php?n=535

So who from here is going??

Last edited:
I will be there on the Saturday Jackie Icx, Jackie Oliver, Michael Salmon, Alan Mann, ect, ect.
The only race that has the Forties in it is the Whitsun Trophy on Saturday!!

Regards Allan

I've been to the Revival several times. I just got home from Monterey, and while that is the best vintage race in the USA, the Revival is arguably better. Le Mans Classic is IMHO the best vintage race event on the planet; the Revival is a close second. I had planned to go to the Revival again this year, but a work conflict has popped up and I'll be dashing to Iraq instead (in and out in three hours if all goes as planned).

Anyway. If you are in the USA and can possibly squeeze a way to get to England that weekend, GO. And if you are in Europe, the same goes for you.

If you are in England there is NO excuse for not going! :>)

Due to a change of circumstances - I now have a set of admission tickets for all 3 days available, so if anyone has not purchased theirs yet, make me an offer. I purchased them full price directly from Goodwood.

I will mail 'special delivery - next day' to UK, or could probably make available for collection at the event. (pm me if required)

Would prefer to sell as a 'set', but could split if pushed.

Not sure whether they are still available (probably are) from Goodwood, but booking details can be found here:
http://www.goodwood.co.uk/booking/TicketsV2/Revival/RevGnd.asp?Stand=admission

I'll be working there this year. I do some work for Goodwood now and again with weights and measurements. I did the soapboxes at the Festival of Speed, up until they were banned for being to dangerous!!

Hoping i wont be too busy so i can get to see some excellent racing. The weather forcast looks quite good too, but i'll take the brolly just in case!

I've got the 1950s period costume sorted as well.

Should be a great weekend

Jas

One last try....

tickets for Fri Sat and Sunday - ALL 3 DAYS... ALL 3 for £40.

PM me if you want them by tomorrow 12:00 noon and I'll 'Special Delivery' them to arrive at a UK address for Thursday - Guaranteed!!

For registered forum members - Payment can follow event.

Keith

Good deal Malcolm, I would have had them but I've just found out I'm working there on Saturday between 1600 and midnight anyway......

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Paul,
If I'm not too late, and provided you can you point me in the direction where I can buy a second ticket for my wife - can I jump in and buy the ticket you have?
If I'm too late, never mind.
Dave M

Back