Wheels day. good friday UK

This is an excellent show (Aldershot Hampshire) in all the years I've been going, mine was the only GT40 I've ever seen there and it was mobbed!
Is there anybody who fancies a damn good day out on Good Friday?

I'll be there (sadly without a 40) I think it started as a hot rod event, but now encompasses anything with wheels (saw a motorised desk the other year!) bikes included as well.
Excellent day out if you're any sort of petrolhead.
Word of warning, get there EARLY the queues can be AWFUL!!!
Simon

Malcolm

Supporter
My car will be on the Tecnasales stand that day. Of its kind it claims to be the biggest show in Europe. See you there!

I try and go every year... last year was manic, traffic jams all the way back to the A331... the Farnborough road was a nightmare....
Although it's no problem for me as i live very close to Rushmoor Arena... and can get some great shots of the cars going around the roundabout from my house. Great show though it was packed.

wheelsday6.jpg

wheelsday1.jpg

Not sure what this guy was on though...
whhelsday2.jpg

wheelsday4.jpg

wheelsday11.jpg

Right.. weather update for wheels day... the sun's out guys, it's been raining but looks nice now.
Happy Wheels Day :D

Oh btw.. if your thinking about coming along... don't come via the Wellington Roundabout... see above pictures for reason ;)

Last edited:
Had a great day..... a bit windy... but i got some good pics.

I'd like to say thanks to Malcolm for all the advise and letting me squeeze my ample behind in to his GTD... very nice!!

I'll post some more pics up later!!

Malcolm

Supporter
Nice to meet you Dave, happy to have you in the car. Guess you got home nice and dry, whereas my car got covered in sleet/snow just before I put it away! Aaaargh! Sod it, its still on the trailer but now in the garage.

We were very spoilt today to have an Ex Surtees T 70 turn up with the owner also bringing his ex works AC Cobra as well and to have them come onto our pitch. Combined with Bjorns' MG XPower SV, a Miss Marple vinatage Police Car and my GTD, we had a good crowd all day.

Good day out, but jolly cold and windy!

Back