GT40's at VIR Memorial Day

We are having another driver training open track event South Course VIR on the 26th and 27th May.
At this stage we have 5 Superformance GT40's coming, lots of Cobras, a few Mustangs, Porsches, Vipers and Loti.
Anyone is welcome to attend.
It will also be the first track test for the new production ZFQ in the USA. We will have two cars with the new trannies fitted.
Call us if you have any questions.
(704) 647-9924
Dennis Olthoff.

Ron Earp

Admin
Dang, wish I could get up there to check things out. I was racing last weekend at VIR but Memorial Day we've got a big race weekend down at CMP. Have fun and post some photos. Any UK folks coming over?

Ron

Anyone welcome,even non owners? Would love to attend to talk to owners and take pics.I'm still maybe a year away from getting a 40,but need to learn as much as possible.
Bill

We will be running from about 8:30 am till 5 pm on Monday and Tuesday.
Anyone is welcome.
If you beg you could even get a ride in one of the GT40's.

Ron - if your car breaks you know where we are.

Dennis.

Dennis
Chris and myself will be flying over on Saturday from the UK for the event. We will catch up with you on the Sunday ready for the two days.

Regards Martin.

This was a fantastic event! Dozens of Cobras, along with a Lotus, a NASCAR veteran, a Porsche, a Viper or two, and at least four GT40s – including the debut of my car, P2192! It was my first time behind the wheel, and although I haven't officially taken possession yet (it's on the way to Michigan to be road tested by Car & Driver), it was great to finally drive the car I've been waiting for for almost two years!

[By the way, my car was sporting the new ZFQ transmission that Chris Melia introduced recently and distributed by Olthoff Racing, and let me tell you it is fantastic. Short and very positive throw, the shifting is smooth and equal to the best race car transmissions I've ever experienced. A huge improvement over the standard ZF. Thanks, Chris!]

Having never driven at VIR, the first thing that struck me was the immaculate facility. It has the look of a first-rate country club. And the south course was spectacular. Many thanks to Dennis Olthoff, along with his great team – especially the ever helpful and perpetually busy Paul – for organizing a superb event. If you have the chance, make sure you make the next one.

Last edited:
Here's some.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 336
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 303
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 338
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 307
And more.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 325
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 300
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 266
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
In the picture under the tent, that's my old man looking at the camera in the grey shirt on the left. He was down with our Factory Five Cobra, and he had a great time (I couldn't make it, would have loved to run the Lotus on South course). Dennis and the gang made him feel right at home despite not having a Superformance. My thanks to all!

P2192 – an SPF Mk I – was run through the paces by Car & Driver magazine about two weeks ago. Unfortunately, the road test wasn't completed and a couple of items, such as the 0-60 mph run, weren't finished.

It's my understanding that Dennis Olthoff is returning with the car to the Chrysler Test Facility, perhaps tomorrow, to complete the evaluation. Rumor has it that they may run up to a 4-page spread!

More news as it becomes available...

You certainly have a beautiful car. I have been seriously thinking about buying a Superformance MK 1 GT40. Even with the many delays that many of you have endured during the roller to driver build process the end results speak for themselves. I have read the many positive things being said of Olthoff Racing and his staff, and hope that when the car finally delivered to you that this sentiment will be echoed (and if not why), as he would be my 1st choice to undertake this project . And after all is said and done and you have added up the purchase price and the final bill for the installation/mods and the waiting........would you do it again ?

Back