GT40 Party photos

Hi guys,

Great time at Howard's house today in San Ramon, with a broad variety of cars present--GTD, CAV, SPF, RCR, plus a Cobra replica, '67 Mustang coupe and my Pantera. Here's some photos of the cars present....click on the yellow bar and the image enlarges; then click on the image and it enlarges again.

DSC_3926.jpg

DSC_3927.jpg

DSC_3928.jpg

DSC_3929.jpg

DSC_3930.jpg

DSC_3931.jpg

DSC_3932.jpg

DSC_3933.jpg

Lots of great videos, bench racing, and Howard did a dynamite job with the BBQ chicken!

Thanks--looking forward to next year already! :thumbsup:

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Wish I could have made it, but now I am back in AR. Its about time you drove the Pantera!

Thanks for the pics.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
I presume the Black car belongs to Faili

seems he came out of exile and got a parking ticket for his troubles

One yoear I'll make it to this party - hopefully with the Dax after driving East to West!

Ian

I presume the Black car belongs to Faili

seems he came out of exile and got a parking ticket for his troubles

One yoear I'll make it to this party - hopefully with the Dax after driving East to West!

Ian

No, that was Jim Craik's Superformance Mk I. He had to leave early--too bad, because he won the gong!

Hopefully there will be even more cars there next year. Thanks again, Howard! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the great pictures Mike. First time in 5 years, I forgot my camera! We had a 3 way draw between the Yellow Tornado, Titanium GTD and Jims black beauty. Two people had not yet voted. Mike broke the tye and Rob figured he would just cause another tye, so skipped the vote. Unfortunately Jim had already left. I told him when he was leaving that it was a bad idea as he could well win custodianship of the Spurs. He reckoned that he was just a checkbook guy and that some talented builder dererved the trophy! What a guy. Jim may be a checkbook guy but he drives his toy and enjoys it a lot. Hasn't had it quite a year and has over 7000 miles on the clock! Jim you should have stayed. The spurs ended up going home with Alan who has put a lot of special details into his GTD. Faili was suppose to be there, but he was a know show. He had his car on an outing last weekend so I quess he just couldn't pass up another great weekend for bike riding! The little white thing on Jims windshield was a ballot for voting the trophy. Sure does look like a ticket!

It was mentioned if I don't manage to have a car there next year that I bring one of the bikes......Me and Faili rollin on R1s!

Andy, yes he does. He doesn't race it much anymore as he is now into vintage NASCAR racing and finds that quite exciting!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Howard,

Thanks again for a great get together, sorry I could not stay until the end, but the wife has plans!

Congrats to Alan, I think the spurs should go to you builders. I'm very inpressed with the workmanship.

It was great to see the SLC, good progress. They are larger in person than I thought.

Thanks again Howard!

Back