Le Mans Classic - Motors TV UK

Charlie Farley

Supporter
A friend of mine at Motors TV (UK) assures me that all 4 parts of their
' Le Mans Classic ' repeat broadcast will go out again on Sunday 25th July. Broadcast will be back to back and start at 1pm. Best to check their schedule nearer the time, incase they make some changes.
The link below only shows the current schedule

TV Guide UK | Thursday 15 July 10 | 6h-12h | Motors TV

Best regards

Andrew.

Andy, As I will be at a show all day Sunday I will be setting my TV to record. Cant guarantee anything but might be able to sort something out after.

Andy,
If no one manages to record and duplicate the Motors TV stuff, I have all 4 (plus a 5th - a preview) being "kept" on my Sky + HD box if someone knows how to transfer them to a DVD.

I looked on Speed TV here in the states and all they had was some info the the race. Does anyone know if it's going to be shown in the US?

Last edited:
It seems there are two technical challenges before us. One is getting the shows burned onto DVD; the other is then converting them from Euro PAL video format to rest-of-the-world NTSC format. Actually, the conversion would probably have to occur prior to the burning, no?

Then there's the little detail of actually distributing the discs to eager enthusiasts around the world.

Who has this sort of technology, time, and willingness to serve his fellow man? Anyone? If so, please put me down for the lot! :thumbsup:

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
It seems there are two technical challenges before us. One is getting the shows burned onto DVD; the other is then converting them from Euro PAL video format to rest-of-the-world NTSC format. Actually, the conversion would probably have to occur prior to the burning, no?

Then there's the little detail of actually distributing the discs to eager enthusiasts around the world.

Actually I suspect the hardest part will be getting the programs out of the Sky + HD box and onto a portable storage medium of any kind at all. However, if anyone can get it onto a DVD in any form whatsoever I can probably take care of the rest.

With my DirecTV HD DVR (which I assume is a US equivalent to a Sky + HD box) the only way to capture stored video is from the old-fashioned analog video outputs (yellow/red/black RCA connectors, or DIN Svideo connector) into a Sony DVD recorder I own.

Alternatively, someone could connect a video camera to those outputs and capture it that way. I can read a DVC tape cassette like most modern Sony/Panasonic, etc., video cameras use.

Sign me up!

And, sadly, most TVs sold in the USA are *not* PAL compatible. It's the arrogance of the US market. Our standard is *the* standard. TVs sold in other markets have to be flexible because both standards are in use side-by-side in adjacent countries (South America and Asia for example).

PAL-NTSC-SECAM.svg

Let me know what I need to do to get NTSC DVDs of LMC.

EIEIO. :laugh:

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Guys

In the past I have found it is no so much the TV but the DVD player that needs to be compatable. After that the DVD player will produce the correct signal for the TV.

So do a google on your DVD make and model
Look for "hacks to enable play of international discs" or similar threads

Work through the "Hack" to unlock your DVD player so it will play any DVD.
Normally done by programing with the remote control in a few simple strokes

The electronics take care of the rest (Certainly worked for my unit when we bought American DVD's on holidays)

After all most DVD players are sold in many different countries and just run a different code.

Ian

Well I completely failed to get the recording I wanted so with reference to
"Originally Posted by Charlie Farley
My brother has managed to burn from Sky to 4 dvds.
Who wants to take it from there for you guys in the US ?"

Can I have a set too? Obviously I'm willing to pay for them if that's allowed. Sorry Max looks like that the only way we are going to see the Le Mans Classic shows.

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Original dvd's going out to Alan, end of this week.
Lets hope you can do the dirty work Alan.
Wishing you luck.
BTW Alan, thanks for the offer.
Now i'm off to work on parts for AMGT-2,
hope to see it soon, will post photos.

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Can I have a set too? Obviously I'm willing to pay for them if that's allowed. Sorry Max looks like that the only way we are going to see the Le Mans Classic shows.

Shame they can't make it available any other route.

I would also be happy to pay "to look after a backup copy for you".

Max

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Alan,

Haven't heard from you. Did you watch the broadcast from the dvd's i sent you?
This is another call for Alan's kind offer to copy them for our US residents.
Sorry to canvas more work for you :drunk:
Perhaps UK members also need a copy ?
I'm sure i join everyone in thanking you in advance.

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
Alan,

Haven't heard from you. Did you watch the broadcast from the dvd's i sent you?
This is another call for Alan's kind offer to copy them for our US residents.
Sorry to canvas more work for you :drunk:
Perhaps UK members also need a copy ?
I'm sure i join everyone in thanking you in advance.

Sorry for the radio-silence -- I'm still working on this; send me an e-mail if you're interested.

Don't PM or post here, please, that's too much work for me. :thumbsdown:

Last edited:
I have the ability to convert any format to any other format NTSC, PAL, MPEG, AVI, etc. I might even be able to upload a version so you could watch it online in a YouTube type of way. That is as long as the copyright folks don't send me to jail. Just let me know if I can help.

Back