Historic Festival @ Lime Rock

Just wondering if anyone will be attending this weekend? The Senna documentary will be playing nearby in Millerton NY. Hope the weather is good for tomorrow.

Scott Calabro will be there With his gt40 and a contingent of Cobras Sunday for the car show. I will not be able to make it as I'm still cleaning up damage from the hurricane. Have a good time Chris!

Chris,

Personally, I made out ok, but I work for the telephone company and have been out working since the storm. Have fun at Lime Rock !

Say hello to John Fitch ( teamate to Levegh at lemans 1955 ) historic racer if he's there. Pic below from Memorial day weekend at the track...

Attachments

• Lime Rock ALMS 2011 003.jpg
    Lime Rock ALMS 2011 003.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 282
I first met John Fitch in 1954 (I was only 10 years old). He was driving a Cunningham C4R (I think) at the old Watking Glen circuit. Did you know he flew a P-51 Mustang in WWII and shot down a ME262. He was also shot down sometime later and was a POW for a couple of years. His Grandfather is credited with inventing the first steam powered boat. A real gent!

Hi Guys,

I did see John Fitch driving around the infield a few times yesterday. I only realized it after looking at the picture Eric posted. I can only imagine the stories he must have.

If anyone has the time today or tomorrow, a visit to Lime Rock is well worth the trip. I was lucky enough to walk by when the guys from Lee Chapman Racing were prepping P1083 for the track. They rolled it out from under the tent, put just a little fuel in the DS tank, and fired it up as a small crowd started to form. It was on the track with a mix of Trans Am cars and Jaguars in the second to last race of the day. I think Archie Urciuoli was driving and started at the very back of the field. It was great to see the GT40 move up a few spots on every lap without much effort. I just wish the race was longer. I have to give all the drivers/owners credit for bringing their cars out. I would be afraid to take some of those cars out of the garage if there was even a chance of rain.

The racing yesterday must have been great and tomorrow will be as well!

The show today was awesome too.

I have never seen so many pristine Jaguars in one place and I've always wanted a series 1 E Type.:heart:

I'll post some piccies a little later this evening.

Back