Le Mans Classic 2012.

Having looked on Youtube for examples of GT40 cars,

I have watched a number of "interesting" videos on a number of the previous years Le Mans Classic. Some of them show ordinary road based cars circulating the track of the 24 hour race, before the actual Classic Event.

I was just wondering if there were any plans for a visit the event in 2012.

If I am lucky enough to find a car in time, I would love to have something to aim for.

The chance to drive on the famous circuit in a GT40 sounds like an unmissable opportunity!

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Hi

Yes in 2010 I arranged a half hour session on the full track on the Friday evening. Ended up closer to 40 minutes.

This is organised by the GT40 Enthusiasts Club and is only available to club members. Cost last time was£200 for the half hour.

You can also purchase 2 laps on the Saturday morning far about £120 last year but you will be on the track with multiple makes standards and speeds with some terrible driving

In my opinion it is worth the£30 club annual fee just for this facility.

I believe the club is trying to repeat this in 2012 I am not organising it next year.

Ian

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the information. From what I have seen, yes there is a number of differing levels of driving ability on show at the parade laps.

I have no need to prove I can have the best accident of the weekend so I would let someone else have that distinction and just enjoy a leisurely drive round!

I will keep a look out for how to enter etc.

Regards,

Greg.

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Greg,

Check out the GT40 Enthusiasts Club website - there is a section on the front page, though it has moved down a bit now due to info/photos from some recent events.

From the website you can also check out how to join, download the application form etc.

Cheers,

Max

Mike Pass

Supporter
Quite a lot of GT40 Enthusiasts club members will be going. The group from the North West will be staying at the Green Seven near the track. The track time is good because you can go at whatever speed you feel comfortable with at the time. The cost for GT40 Enthusiasts Club members only is £270 this year. More details can be found in the GT40 Enthusiasts Club section on this very website. It costs £30 a year to join the Club.
Cheers
Mike

We are not part of the GT40 contingent; however, we will be at the event as spectators. We are going to take in the Goodwood Festival of Speed and then going to the LeMans Classis event. We will be staying in Tours during the event as part of the Steve Austin tour group.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Someone/everyone please capture lots of high def video from both trackside and in-car for the rest of us.

We will be sharing a big old farmhouse in Brette-les-pins. Within earshot of the track, lots of secure parking and a swimming pool... Oh, and the farmhouse is now full ! Hope to see you on-track on the Saturday parade.

Tony.

Back