Sandown Historics 2011

Hi all,

Is anybody having a run at/or taking a car (GT40) out to Sandown for the Historic meeting this weekend? I need to decide between going to Sandown for a look or going to Phillip Island for the Shannons Nationals round. I've got a workmate running at Phillip Island and I was going to head down to watch him but I don't want to miss anything GT40 at Sandown. If anybody has any info on anybody being there it'd certainly make my decision easier.

It's looking like we're in for good weather this weekend so either event should be pretty good.

Cheers

Ben.

Here's a link to three in-car videos of the big-bore class. It was Panteras 1-2 and going away, with a pack of Shelbys, and a 427 Corvette, and numerous lesser cars trailing behind. I don't think any GT40s were running--or if they were, they were in some other class.

The track is among the most forgiving I've ever seen--absolutely brutal. The slightest mistake in many places would result in terminal contact with a wall. What were they thinking when they designed it????

It is also VERY fast--the Panteras are well into 5th gear, i.e. 140-150 mph most likely.

Ross Jackson's '72 Pantera Channel - YouTube

Back