GT40's in Canberra - Wheels 2012

Following on from a small but much appreciated GT40 display at Wheels, 2011, I have been invited to go round again.

This years event will be held at the same location, the lawns in front of the Old Parliament House. This location is now notorious for our Prime Minister's recent run in with some of our well suntanned citizens :shocked:

Date is 25 March. Attendees to arrive 8.30am or so, to finish about 3.00pm. Entry is free. If you have an oil leak, please bring a drip tray. The lawns are manicured, and damage is not appreciated.

I have been in contact with the local owners, and whilst John Lind is departing our climes for warmer pastures, Steve Mommsen hopes to attend. A local enthusiast has recently acquired a Ford GT, and I am attempting to contact him re possible attendance. Another starter is a gentleman with a recently registered Ultima.:happy:

All 40 owners are welcome to attend. Andrew East enjoyed his visit last year. http://www.gt40s.com/forum/worldwide-gt40-events/33774-gt40s-canberra.html

If any of the kit manufacturers would like to send brochures, I, being non-aligned :)happy::happy:), would be more than happy to pass them out to prospectives.

The more, the merrier.

Clive

Last edited:
Would appreciate feedback from anyone considering attending this event.

Assistance gladly given to anyone requiring details, accommodation, etc.

As noted above, the organisers have realised that these cars exist and are a drawcard.

A piccie of last years (very small) gathering.

Just a reminder of this event, to be held next Sunday, 25 March.

Madly trying to make my car look a bit more complete (Engine/gearbox are in and whoohoo, the driveshafts fit).

Clive

As a result of recent heavy rains, the carers of the OPH Lawns have decreed that the show has to be moved.

It will now be at Thoroughbred Park, the high falutin' name for our local horse race track. Flemington Road, Mitchell, it is one of the northernmost suburbs of Canberra.

Having never been there, it will be a learning experience.

Clive

Back