Silverstone Classic - can you help me out?

Hi,
Is anyone taking their gt40 / replica to the Silverstone Classic next weekend?
If so would you mind letting me and my girlfriend have a seat in it for a couple of minutes so I can propose to her?
We decided two weeks ago to get married after finding out her father has terminal cancer and wanting to make sure he can give her away, but I wanted to propose properly rather than associate it with sitting at home and hearing that news. As we knew we were going to silverstone we said lets do something there and have a good memory associated with getting engaged, but she doesn't know what I'm doing. I hope you don't mind me asking on here.
We are going down for the Friday and Saturday only, so if you can help out please let me know.
Thanks
Jono

Hi,
Is anyone taking their gt40 / replica to the Silverstone Classic next weekend?
If so would you mind letting me and my girlfriend have a seat in it for a couple of minutes so I can propose to her?
We decided two weeks ago to get married after finding out her father has terminal cancer and wanting to make sure he can give her away, but I wanted to propose properly rather than associate it with sitting at home and hearing that news. As we knew we were going to silverstone we said lets do something there and have a good memory associated with getting engaged, but she doesn't know what I'm doing. I hope you don't mind me asking on here.
We are going down for the Friday and Saturday only, so if you can help out please let me know.
Thanks
Jono

I am sure there will be a few cars there from the GT40 Enthusiasts Club,Divid Scaife and John Oxborough normally go. Look out for the club flags, normally positioned inside Luffiled but don't quote me, we may have been moved this year:

That's a shame, usually there have been 3 or 4 actually racing when I've been before. Not heard anything from anyone taking their car so will just see who I can find tomorrow or Saturday.

I don't know if Gelscoe are taking any GT40's but that would be cool to do it in the pit area at Silverstone with all the other cars. Then celebrate at the champagne bar at the end of the pits and watch some racing.

I wanted to get married at Silverstone next year but the idea of saying I do on the podium went down like a lead balloon with the missus :). Great idea asking her at Silverstone, she will always associate the place with good memories and an excuse to go back every year.

Good luck

Trev

Back