GT40 to be honoured at 2013 Amelia Island Concours

01.jpg

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Good! I just put in for vacation for that week. I don't think I'll bring my car, but it will be nice to see all the famous GT40s and renew some old friendships. Not to mention warm up a bit- March around here is nothing to brag about.

Guys x 3, want to make it exciting......Looks like Im driving my 70 etype coupe from New York, straight down 95....
Anyone else game?
GTJOEY1314

Wow, that's gutsy. Put an extra core in the rad of the EType. Mine's a 66 FHC and it runs a lot cooler now. I'm thinking of trailering my CAV from Canada down to Georgia, then driving in the rest of the way. Is there a group of ppl taking their cars? Convoy, anyone?
Bibendum400
Canada

I'll be at Amelia Island Concours 2013 silent charity auction as I have donated a composition based on the GT40 MKII P2016 in the pits Le Mans 1966 - Lee Holman will sign the artwork. Drop by and enjoy the memories. BTW Lee Holman/Holman Moody will be honored at Pinehurst Concours 2013 - visit the Pinehurst web site to learn details. Phil Ward - Kansas

Wow, that's gutsy. Put an extra core in the rad of the EType. Mine's a 66 FHC and it runs a lot cooler now. I'm thinking of trailering my CAV from Canada down to Georgia, then driving in the rest of the way. Is there a group of ppl taking their cars? Convoy, anyone?
Bibendum400
Canada
SMcbride.....last year I drove the Vanquish, every year Im trying something new.......
Tomorrow Im tweeking the a/c and adjusting the su springs.....
Yes I learned YEARS AGO, my rediator is a griffin all aliminium with a high power fan......
This car runs great......
You game? pm me.....could meet you in georgia.....
I understand, from georgia, you get to stretch the gt out a little, if you want company.........
gtjoey1314

I wouldn't mind bringing #82 along for a convoy. I live in Florida about two hours from Amelia but would certainly consider a drive with fellow enthusiasts. What day is everyone thinking of? Of course the Concours is held on Sunday but I usually hit other days as well. I believe I've also signed up for the GT 40 seminar.

Jimmy, Get your tickets early....if they sell out you cant get in the seminar. I know LEE HOLMAN very well.....bring something to sign, Im bringing tons of things....
I will be there by friday walking the grounds........
Pm me will see what car im bringing
gtjoey1314

I am a filmmaker attending the Amelia Island Concours and producing a film on behalf of Bill Warner and the folks who run the Amelia. I am looking for owners who may be willing to share their car(s) with either a ride, walk around or interview. I made this little piece last year https://vimeo.com/39417189 and look to follow it up this year with a better, more polished and louder film. Let me know if you have any interest. Thank you

Justin

I'm going but not taking my car this time. Looking forward to it. Got tickets to the 50 yrs of Porsche 911, 50 yrs of Sting Ray body style and the Gt40 panel discussions.

Justin, you certainly captured the essense of the event, very well done indeed. I wish I owned an original GT40 as I would certainly enjoy showing you the car. I'll look forward to your next LOUDER film as that goes a long way in adding to the overall stimulation of being there.

Pat

Supporter
I'll be at both the GT40 seminar and the concours. I'm bringing the bride so unfortunately I'll need a little more luggage space than the '40 provides. Hopefully I'll see you all there. Is there any thoughts as to how forum members can recognize each other or perhaps we stake out a designated area at the session?

Hey Pat,

Nice to know you'll be there. I agree, lets make a plan to meet somewhere at the Ritz. We could arrange to meet outside the front entrance of the hotel at an arranged time. Your thoughts. Others?

Pat

Supporter
I will be fun to connect. Jim, I still have your cell. Let me know if you need mine. I assume the panel is in the hotel so I'll plan to be at the lobby entrance about 30 minutes prior. Eric hopefully we'll all get a chance to connect.

Pat, I still have your cell # so it looks like a go. We'll meet at the front of the hotel 1/2 hour before. Eric please join us and Jim Rosenthal too and any others if you like. The more the merrier as they say.

Sadly, I will not be bringing #82 along. Call me a sissy but I'd be afraid of running into nasty weather and that would dampen (no pun intended) things in a hurry.

Back