Bo'ness Hill climb 2013

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Hi all,
Sunday morning, I teamed up with Bill and Clive and their Cobra's and blasted across to the Bo'ness Hill Climb. A great day was had by all and Clive and I got to 'noise' the place up and leave some rubber in the parade. Some great cars there and with steam trains going by only a few yards from the start, plus getting buzzed by a Spitfire and a Hurricane. The Hurricane made my day as it did a sweeping banked turn overhead just over tree height.
Apart from a difficulty in achieving tick-over (maybe a small vacuum leak) the engine was awesome and the heft power increase certainly worth all the effort of the camshaft change.
A Jaguar MkII blew me away with quality of finish, so I include a pic of that along with our cars!

regards
Dave

Attachments

• DSC00186w.jpg
    DSC00186w.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 302
  • DSC00139w.jpg
    DSC00139w.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 291
  • DSC00183w.jpg
    DSC00183w.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 296
  • DSC00156w.jpg
    DSC00156w.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 283

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Thanks Dave, hope to see yours out there soon:)

Hi Jack, yes I liked the driving lights too, and an awesome sight switched on behind me on the motorway!
Slabside was 289 powered - sounding great!

best regards
Dave

Gents

I can fully agree with Dave, the Bo'Ness show was fantastic. Those in Scotland & The North should pencil it in for 2014.
Driving home with Dave after the show was awesome, the traffic just parted for us and we had a nice high speed run (70mph honest Officer) on the motorway :)
Thanks for the comments on my 289 Slabside, the attached photo shows The 289 Register stand at this years Silverstone Classic. Slabside (and Daytona) heaven.

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Jimmy thanks. There are lots of things could do with improvement and I am dealing with them as I go along. Braking is sorted, engine now, so I can look at some of the more cosmetic things that are bugging me!

best regards
Dave

Dave, know what you mean mate....there is always something. Keeps me out of trouble though but I do look for a "quiet" period when all things are running smooth and all I have to do is drive her.

Back