Save the Brighton Speed Trials - urgent!!

Glenn M

Supporter
This from the Brighton and Hove Motor Club who run it.......

JOIN THE CAMPAIGN TO SAVE THE BRIGHTON SPEED TRIALS
UK’s longest running motor sport event under threat
www.savebrightonspeedtrials.com

Brighton, 23 December 2013: Calling all motorsport fans, we need your support to help save the Brighton Speed Trials. The Speed Trials is the longest running motorsport event in the UK and has become a world-famous action packed sprint. It is under threat by Brighton and Hove Council who want to refuse permission and block the event taking place on the seafront.
But you can help by signing our petition; either visit www.savebrightonspeedtrials.com or go directly to the petition which is on the Brighton and Hove Council web site and sign it now: Brighton & Hove City Council - ePetition - Save the Brighton Speed Trials. Don’t delay; the council will be making a decision on 23 January 2014!
The Speed Trials has been running in Brighton since 1905 and is one of the highlights of the seafront entertainment calendar. Thousands of people come down for an entertaining fun-packed day out for the whole family to watch some of the UK’s best race cars and motor bikes compete along Madeira Drive. Over two hundred cars and motor bikes line up to take a timed run including road cars, race cars and drag bikes who compete to win the fastest in their class. A top six run-off to find the fastest car and bike brings the day to a dramatic close.
Brighton and Hove Council is planning to block permission for this annual event so we need your help. As well as signing our petition you can support the campaign by circulating the link to the petition to friends and family, FaceBook contacts and Twitter followers.
The Brighton Speed Trials is organised by Brighton and Hove Motor Club; the club’s Tony Watts said: “We are appealing to motorsport fans, local residents and everyone who enjoys a family day out at the seaside to help us save this historic event. The loss of the Brighton Speed Trials will be the end of an era for Brighton with over 100 years of history and entertainment in the area gone.”
The end of the Speed Trials will also have a financial impact on tourism and trade for retailers and businesses in the area as it brings thousands of visitors to Brighton.
Updates will be posted to Twitter, follow us: @SaveBST
Please like our page on FaceBook: www.facebook.com/savebrightonspeedtrials

The event has been happening since before the first world war and I think is the oldest motorsport competition in the UK that is (or was) still going. I have competed for several years, latterly in my GT40, and it cannot be allowed to fade away. It is a great competitive and social event and I have accordingly petitioned Brighton & Hove Council to keep it going.

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Done, for anyone else going to sign, you have to register, and your password has to contain at least one number and one upper case letter.
Great forward thinking programmer (or having a laugh), first tells you nothing, I typed in a password (twice for confirmation), then it says you must have at least one number in the password. So I put one number in, and it then says that you must have at least one upper case letter in the password. So on the third try, I made a mistake, and only then does it say you must have at least one number and one upper case letter in your password! hilarious

Dave

For anyone going to sign, you have to register, and your password has to contain at least one number and one upper case letter.
Great forward thinking programmer (or having a laugh), first tells you nothing, I typed in a password (twice for confirmation), then it says you must have at least one number in the password. So I put one number in, and it then says that you must have at least one upper case letter in the password. So on the third try, I made a mistake, and only then does it say you must have at least one number and one upper case letter in your password! hilarious

Dave

Obviously a Green programmer, hoping as many people as possible will give up and not sign.

This is what it says immediately above the password box when registering on the petition website.

"Your password must contain eight or more characters, including at least one digit and at least one upper case character."

I'm not sure what's confusing about that!

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Chris, you're right, I looked again and the message was there. I would have sworn it wasn't there when I registered. Maybe I just didn't look, wouldn't be the first time either :) Anyway, in case anyone else might be about to miss it. One number and one upper case letter - right!

Dave

Back