Le Mans Classic 2014

Let's get this one on the road!

I'll be there, in fact I've never missed one.

Tickets on sale now, and if you want to get your GT40 inside the racetrack each day, then

Join the GT40 Enthusiasts Club !

as the club will have an infield GT40 display ground. In previous years, the display ground has been really close to the paddocks, so not much walking to do. GT40's are also eligible to take part in the parade laps as well (through the Club).

Tony.

Hi Tony,

I'll be there too... I was there in 2012 with my Cobra and that's the 2012 edition that decide me to buy my GT40 (when I went to see all the GT40 in their reserved space).

I'll drive with friends the "parade".. if we can call it a parade... if you start from the end you can drive as fast as you want during 2 or 3 laps.

In 2014 I'll come with my GT40 of course.

Hope to see you there.

OliveR

I'll be there too, I've just bought my tickets ! Waiting to subscribe for the Club laps...

I'm very excited to meet some Club members and others GT40 owners...!

Is there a evening session foreseen on friday ?
This is just the most existing event I ever experienced with my GT40.

Rgds
Fred

Fred, all guys interested in Track Time,

We are currently in early discussions with the organisers to again be allowed track time on the Friday. Early indications are favourable and we are continuing a dialogue to see if we can avoid a "night session" but it must be appreciated that many other car makes wish to get in on this action, so we cannot be overly pushy with regard to timings. If you don't like night track time then maybe it is best to go for the parade laps .................

I recently made soundings by email to club members and the response was very positive with many members saying they wished to participate again. If you did not reply or did not get an email then contact me to make sure I have an idea of the up to date number of slots we would like to be allocated.

Obviously the track time will be for Club Members only - so get you membership forms in soon to ensure you are part of this unique event.::idea::idea:

Please be patient as our experience is that nothing gets finally firmed up, until much nearer the event :uneasy:

All is arranged, the Hotel, the entrance tickets, the track lap and ready for ride on friday if the GT40 enthu. negotiators success

see you in Le Mans

I've never missed a Le Mans Classic and am not about to start now! As always, I'll be camping (probably Maison Blanche or Karting Nord) with a large contingent of Panteras, and there is even a chance a French friend who has two of them may let me borrow one of his for the week!

If you have never been to Le Mans, you definitely owe it to yourself to skip the parade of new diesels that dominate the current Le Mans race, and come to Le Mans Classic instead, where you can get up close and personal with a century's worth of REAL cars, instead of those souped-up lorries that pass for race cars these days! :laugh:

Be sure to order a paddock pass when you buy your tickets. It's senseless to come all that way and then be denied entrance to the paddock to get an up-close look at the cars....

I will be there!
I must agree with Fred, driving Lemans in the dark 2 years ago is the best I did so far in my GTD.
Driving it in the wet last Spa-Classic is a good second ;-)

I will be there!
I must agree with Fred, driving Lemans in the dark 2 years ago is the best I did so far in my GTD.
Driving it in the wet last Spa-Classic is a good second ;-)

Agreed Geert, but I found some apexes difficult to find in the dark :cry::cry:
See you there, BTW need to name your tipple :laugh::laugh:

Geert-Jan,

Agree about Spa except when you loose control in the raidillion above and end up in the left concrete wall...
An experience that reminded my Le Mans crash with the Porche 917 ... Emiel had this experience too and will confirm ..

Fred

Well, those two replies told me and other readers nothing !!!!!!!!

Two separate crashes in 917s at Spa by Fred and Emiel ???

Sorry for my typing error.

I ment my crash remembers me the crash of the Porche 917 in the Le Mans movie.
I would love to have a 917 (except the crash ....).

Sorry for confusion.

Fred

Thank you for the clarification Fred.

I had been wondering which 917 chassis and when, as I had no recollection of these accidents.

Hi Graham,

Sorry for confusion.

I was told that the crash of the 917 N°20 in the movie was a Lola chassis.
In the book "A french kiss with death", the car in question is called the "Porchola"...
BTW: a great book if you want to know more about the movie and McQueen.

Fred

Thankyou, Fred.

I am very aware of the Porschola and I have one of the original books
I was at LeMans in 1970 and saw them filming "LeMans". I also took my own Cine 8 camera and have my own film of the race, including 917s and the 908 camera car with Jonathan Williams driving, etc, etc, etc.

If you look at the crash sequence in slow motion you will see that as the bodywork starts to fly off, the yellow tank sills, etc. show from the Lola chassis. They forgot to spray matching colours, not thinking that it might destroy itself so well low down!

I have a large archive of 917 history, etc, and that is why your posting confused me.

Sorry for my typing error.

I would love to have a 917 (except the crash ....).

Sorry for confusion.

Fred

Fred,

providing it is still intact following the races that it will be doing beforehand, I hope to be doing some parade laps also at LeMans Classic with my 917K replica. Come and have a chat and look.

You are right about not wanting to crash a 917. They are difficult and time consuming to repair because of the tubular chassis and the bonding of the body to the frame.
You are also very vunerable indeed because of their lightweight construction and very forward driving position. I love racing my 917 but I am always very conscious of my vunerability.

Hi Graham,
saw this and thought of yours. Not sure if this is an approved method of lifting though......

Regards,
Andy

Attachments

• 1545665_731532220191896_477508890_n.jpg
    1545665_731532220191896_477508890_n.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 447
Back