GT40s at 72nd Goodwood Members Meeting (Mar 2014)

The entry list for the 72nd Goodwood Members Meeting (Mar 29-30, 2014) is available online for viewing.

Link HERE: Goodwood Members Meeting Entry List 2014

The entry list includes eight GT40s (w/owner and driver names):
  • 1966 Ford GT40 - Reial Auto Club Catalunya - Joaquín Folch-Rusinol
  • 1965 Ford GT40 - Chris Wilson - Nigel Williams
  • 1965 Ford GT40 - Gavin Henderson - Gavin Henderson
  • 1965 Ford GT40 - Chris Wood - Chris Wood
  • 1965 Ford GT40 - Racing Team Holland - John Hugenholtz
  • 1965-type Ford GT40 - Craig Davies - Craig Davies
  • 1965 Ford GT40 - Shaun Lynn - Shaun Lynn
  • 1965 Ford GT40 - Andrew Smith - James Cottingham

I spoke to Mark and P1071 has been invited. I will not be going due to cost. The event is supposed to be GRRC members only. But I saw that some Autocar subscribers could get tickets. I wonder if obviously sponsors would be eligible for tickets as well. Just how restricted are the ticket sales it will be interesting to find out??
Regards Allan

Hello Allan,

I believe that everyone on the Goodwood mailing list was offered the chance to buy tickets several weeks ago. I received an email offering them to myself ( I'm a regular ticket buyer, but have never been a GRRC member ).

I understand that the GRRC membership didn't buy enough tickets to pass the financial break even point for the event, therefore the management offered some tickets to non members.

Regards Steve

Hi Steve I am hoping the racing at the Club 72 in March does not have any knock on affect on the Revival I know the one make race there will be the Mustang V8 race I am still hoping the Whitsun Trophy will be fully supported and GT40's will turn up. I have nothing against the Club 72 weekend apart from not been in position to afford it with my £200 GRRC membership. I would have like to of seen the Longtail demonstration with the Ferrari 512 Coda Longa and the Porsche 917 LH. I wish Goodwood good luck with the event. But I must say they are taking a chance with Marchs (and I do not mean Lord March) weather.
Regards Allan

Does anyone know which chassis number this is? Is it an original GT40 or a replica?

The car wears reg. ABH 396C and sports the same livery as AM GT-1.

It was described as a "1965-type Ford GT40" in the Goodwood entry list, to be driven by Craig Davies.

Thanks, Brian

13608623624_ea1e80eb2f_h.jpg

Photo hotlinked from Flickr Wessex Car Club photostream

After it was delivered to him from our workshops.

Attachments

• IMG_0110 (2).JPG
    IMG_0110 (2).JPG
    232.7 KB · Views: 341
  • DSCF0442.jpg
    DSCF0442.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 307
  • DSCF0439.jpg
    DSCF0439.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 284
If I knew how to post pictures I have some at the NEC racing car show Coys stand when this Superperformance was up for auction.
It so funny when Goodwood say to pre-1965 spec when the Alan Mann lightweights were 1966 cars; even when this is a Superformance in Alan Mann colours.
Regards Allan

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
James, thanks for the heads up, I'm not such an early chick, so now on autorecord! A good one to watch over breakfast!

DaveB

Back