Canadian GTs

I was told they are different than US GTs? Gauges an things?
I have chance to buy 2 GT there. Does anyone know if this is true?

I was told they are different than US GTs? Gauges an things?
I have chance to buy 2 GT there. Does anyone know if this is true?

For the most part Canadian and American vehicle regulations are identical, but there are some minor differences (seat belts, metric gauges, daytime running lamps, etc.). I would expect that new 2005-06 Ford GTs sold in Canada complied with Canadian regulations at the time. But this probably won't affect your ability to import one in the U.S., if that's why you're asking.

Well these GTs 2 of them have 1.9 miles. an I like that. So will it hurt resale value? I see the rear bumper is sticking out, but I will remove that anyway. An the gauges do not make a problem. The radio is a base one. But I like to listen to the engine anyway. I am a collector an getting a total of 6 or 7 GTs.
So 1 of Canada's ones will not be bad I think?

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
You probably need to be over on the Ford GT forum for the best response, but as a collector of these cars you probably already knew that.

There were 210 Canadian spec Ford GT's initially and then the last 100 cars produced went to Canada due to US laws.

I believe Canadian GT's differ in a few subtle ways;
No Macintosh option or subwoofer
A 2" spacer in the rear bumper and panel removed
Slight difference in the gauges (symbols vs. words)
Some information stickers in French & English
Font bumper gel filled to meet impact resistance standard
Headlights wired for daytime running.

Canadian GT's do seem to have a lesser value than US cars to US buyers.

I understand the car must also be built before September 1st 2006 to import to the US as a new law came into effect and it doesn't comply, hence the reason the final 100 cars produced late 2006 went to Canada.

Back