Goodwood Revival

Can't find any threads already started so just thought I'd say I'm running GT40 #105 at the revival. If you're around come and say 'Hi'.

Darren.

Hi Darren,

I'm attending on the Saturday so will endeavour to pop over and say hello. I'm Cycling past the circuit most days this week and excitement is already building and I'm only watching! good luck.

Paul

Would love to meet with those attending. Unfortunately, I gave up my GRRC membership in 2009 and have not been able to attend because of the cost of the trip (really retired now). We do have this forum to share photos though. I have a friend that lives nearby
Keith in Lymington. He keeps me updated as he drives one of the support WWII jeeps and displays other vehicles at the Aerodrome.

I'll be there again all weekend. I work with the scrutineering team. You will find me either in parc ferme or in our large green hanger weighing and measuring cars. I'm the tall chap in a trilby. Come and say hello, we have the top 3 finishers from each race so get to play with some lovely cars. It's my best weekend of the year, been doing it for the last 8 years.

Jas

Darren will GT/105 be there on Friday. I booked my mobility chair for Saturday but left the ticket for Saturday with two months to go and they were all sold out so I am going on Friday
Regards Allan

Grahame One of the course car was a Burgandy MKIII. I was there on Friday. It was good to meet Darren and another mechanic called Ollie.
Regards Allan

Was good to with a few people from this and other forums over the weekend. unfortunately, gearbox probs in qually put us down the field and proved to be unsolvable at the track. We started the race but the owner, Richard, decided to retire the car rather than cause further damage to the car. Shame, but that's motorsport.

I'll be there on saturday!
I hope to meet you there and say hi!
What chassis no has car #105?

And 105 IS the chassis number. It's the 1964 prototype car.

Cheers all and here's to Spa and the 6 hour next week with 1070!

Darren

It should of been painted its original colour Metallic Silver Fox as Ronnie Spains book says. Not Red even its previous colour White with Blue stripes was better than Red.
Regards Allan

Hi Allan

Quite right, Silver Fox please !

I haven't seen it in the flesh yet so I'll have to reserve judgement on the shade of red chosen.
I would of preferred the white without the sill stripes, stripes don't suit a Mark 3 in my humble opinion.

The car may be seen in a forthcoming Ford advertisement, & I was told they wanted red for this reason.

Regards Steve

Its Rangoon Red, i wondered what people would make of it!. I would post some pics of the of the work in its different stages but the forum wont let me for some reason.

And 105 IS the chassis number. It's the 1964 prototype car.

Cheers all and here's to Spa and the 6 hour next week with 1070!

Darren

Oops, I should have know that....
I tried to get into the padock, but couldn't get in because I didn't have the pass to get in.
I did get in at the end of the day when all races were finished. Unfortenately 105 was under a cover, several others were not ;-)
Too bad I couldn't have a chat with you, maybe another time.

Geert-Jan

Photos

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 304
Back