Rest & Be Thankful 2015

Entries now open for the third running of our event at The Rest & Be Thankful on Sunday 23rd August.
All GT40's are eligible to participate and we would be delighted to have you join us.

Rest & Be Thankful

This is a very quiet thread.... suffice to say I shall be taking my GTD there. Long way from Edinburgh, must be all of 60 miles! Any one else going with a similar car?

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Peter, yes I am going in my Dax - third time as it's relatively local for me and a very friendly event. Scenery is awesome and it's well run with a good variety of v8 focused cars. If you look on the cdc Facebook page you will see some of the other entrants, but there always seem to be more on the day.

Excellent! I look forward to meeting you there Dave. I am still under the impression the GT40s are a threatened species in Scotland...

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Peter, yes I look forward to meeting you too. There are more 40s than you think in Scotland. It would be good to get them together right place right time could be at this event!

Andrew, I've never seen one either, but there have been a few posters on this forum, one further north came on the road last year I think. Good luck with yours, next year could be a good aiming point for you.
Dave

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Must say I think I may drive up for this one

About 400 miles each way will make a fun weekend
Need to try and get away early from a wedding on the Friday!

Ian

Guys, Great event not to be missed...

The run over the Dukes pass is on a stunning drivers road. I was lucky enough to get a tow from the Ferrari GTO last year!!!

I will know this weekend if I can make it Bill.

Gents

Dave & Peter already entered :)

I am expecting 2 x 2006 Ford GT's too, maybe three !!!

Ian/Stewart, I hope you can both make it.

Ian, I can advise on good hotels close to the event start.

Andrew, come along and spectate, I'm sure someone will give you a "blast" up the Rest in their 40 :)

regards

Bill

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Bill

My brother lives close and I will be able to get a family room from him, just the other side of family organising the wedding could pose a problem

Thanks
Ian

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Bill
I will not make it this year, wedding plans and family friction if I slope off early put paid to my plans

Perhaps next year

Ian

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Ian, sorry to hear that, hope to see you next year :)
Bill, nice to see we have 3 TVRs, Elan and Countach on board.

Hi Dave

Entrants so far =
4 x Cobras
11x Mustangs
2 x Tigers
4 x GT40
1 x Ford GT
3 x TVR
1 x Lotus
1 x Lamborghini

So 27 in total, we can take 30, anyone up for a late entry ????

See you on Sunday Dave :)
Sorry you can't make it Ian :(

anyone on Long Island or New York area showing a Gt40 , Shelby, TVR etc at the Vanderbilt car show September 13 ? I will be showing my CAVGT40 along with a friend with his Cheatah, hopefully I can get more people to bring their cars, they usually have a good turn out and some really neat cars show up, plus the facility and grounds are spectacular, hope to meet some of you gt40 guys from the Island, thanks, Neville Nesbitt.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Dave

Entrants so far =
4 x Cobras
11x Mustangs
2 x Tigers
4 x GT40
1 x Ford GT
3 x TVR
1 x Lotus
1 x Lamborghini

So 27 in total, we can take 30, anyone up for a late entry ????

See you on Sunday Dave :)

Sorry you can't make it Ian :(

I hope you had a great event
My brother e mailed to say he had spotted 2 GT40's one described like yours Dave and another I do not know

Said he could hear the rumbles this morning as you were leaving Deanstone

Ian

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Ian, yes it was a great event, awesome window in the weather we have been getting here and great driving. Congrats to Dave Garner on best presented GT40 award. Pictures soon.
Dave

Back