Goodwood Members Meet March 19/20 2016

Really looking forward to this one.
Hopely, even it is announced to be MKI's, I really hope there would be seen at least on static display MKII's and MKIII's and IV's. I really hope that. I won't be surprised if there will be these also.

Goodwood's Members Meeting, where we were this year, was incredible event to visit. Felt that anything is possible there. Of course England is England what comes to racing cars.

Hope GRRC would inform later on what we will be see there.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I have two tickets for the entire weekend. The wife cannot go so now I am in search of someone who would like to go instead. In exchange, I need that person to pick me up at Heathrow and drive us to and from the event. Anyone interested?

The GT40 race is for MK1 GT40's car and is a tribute to Alan Mann. No mention has been made about any other versions of the car being seen and with the Le Mans and Le Mans Classic this year I expect the MKIIs to be at these events.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Which event is believed to be the biggest celebration of the 50th anniversary and the GT40 mark? I am excited for this event but would be interested what else is planned? LeMans?

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Mike

I believe the Le Mans Classic will be the biggest event for 2016

Certainly the one I have earmarked

After all this is what the car was designed to win!

Ian

I think so too, Le Mans Classic will be the best one to choose for.
I go to Members Meeting, fortunately the MKI:s are the cars which I really love, to look at. I some way feel, that there might be MKII's around.
"Saturday exclusively for the Ford GT40 to mark the 50th anniversary of the car’s maiden win at the Le Mans 24 Hours in 1966".

So someway I feel that there will be these 1966 Le Mans winner cars, if not track ; static display. More surprised if not.

But I would be more than pleased if that 1968-1969 Le Mans winner MKI GULF #6 would be around.....

Glenn M

Supporter
I will be there, looking forward to it immensely.

As Paul says, I hope the weather plays ball. I don't think he means the obvious wet stuff, but it can be bitterly cold which, if you're not dressed for, can really spoil the event. I know many who last year were fooled by the sunny skies and had to leave early through being frozen to the core.

Still can't wait though!

I will be there, looking forward to it immensely.

As Paul says, I hope the weather plays ball. I don't think he means the obvious wet stuff, but it can be bitterly cold which, if you're not dressed for, can really spoil the event. I know many who last year were fooled by the sunny skies and had to leave early through being frozen to the core.

Still can't wait though!

Quite right Glen, best wear a few layers
Last year took quite a while to thaw out

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Testing

do.php

do.php

do.php

do.php

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks hope it stays dry. Do any of you try and meet up while there?

I'm up for it.:thumbsup:
We will be there both days and staying in Chichester on Saturday night for dinner.
It's a long haul for you chaps and it would be nice to put some faces to the banter on here.
Let's sort something out if you wish.
I will PM you my mobile numbers.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
We'll be staying at the Pourtsmouth Port Solent Premier Inn Saturday night. Hope to meet up with you all.

Back