Argyll Festival of Performance club display and free tickets.

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
A friend is getting together a group of cars for a 'club stand' at the Argyll Festival of Performance on 2nd and 3rd June 2018.
Based on the Cobra Drivers Club format of GT40s , Cobras and Sunbeam Tigers, if anyone is interested in bringing their car, staying for the weekend with free entry to the event, please let me know. More details below

CAR CLUB DISPLAY INFORMATION

Dear LLoyd

I trust this finds you well.

Following the successful launch day at Inveraray Castle on 26th of October, I am now writing with more detailed information regarding your clubs participation in the inaugural Argyll Festival of Performance, 2nd & 3rd of June 2018.

As previously advised, we would like you to provide up to 10 cars that reflect the Cobra marque throughout the decades. Rare models with significant history are ideally what we would like you to display. Barn finds and cars under restoration would also be of interest. These ideally should be registered prior to 1999, however we will work with you should you wish to display notable cars registered after this date.
In addition please remember that if your club has any significant anniversaries in 2018, that you should try to celebrate these if possible.
We will be awarding a trophy for the best themed car club display of the weekend.
You will find a club entry form attached which should be returned to me by 31/1/2018 detailing the proposed cars that your club intends to display.

In return we will allocate your club space on the shinty pitch for your display. Each display car will receive a free weekend ticket for the driver and one passenger, plus one programme and an event poster per car. This is valued at £170.00 per car.

Display cars can be delivered to Inveraray Castle between 14.00 and 18.00 on Friday 1st June and will then remain in position until Sunday 3rd June at 18.00.
All display cars must be in position by 18.00 on Friday 1st June.
There will be no vehicle movements once display cars are in position; this is to avoid damage to the shinty pitch which is being used for a match the following weekend.
Site security will be in place from Friday 1st June until Sunday 3rd June.

For display cars arriving by trailer, there is free weekend parking available for trailers in the “Maltlands” area of the castle grounds.
Please advise us of those club members that require a parking space for their trailer.

In addition there is limited space available in the “Maltlands” area for motorhome parking. Should you wish to reserve a motorhome space, please let me know when you are submitting your club entry form.
It is a requirement of the landowners that there is no camping allowed in any part of the castle grounds.

Your club is also welcome to erect a gazebo of 3M x 3M. Should you wish to erect a larger marquee, please let us know in advance so as we can try to accommodate you.
Due to the limited space available, a 6M x 3M marquee would be the largest that we could permit.

CLUB DISCOUNT CODE
We would like to encourage your club members not displaying cars to also join us during the weekend.
We are offering a reduced rate of £34.00 to your paid up club members on Saturday & Sunday day tickets. Normal price is £40.00. The discount code is for club members only please.
They will also be able to apply for a free parking space in the “interesting” car park when purchasing their tickets.
If you are interested in taking up this offer then please let me know and I will send you your unique club discount code. This offer is available to your members until 31/1/2018 only.

We thank you for your continued support and want to work with you and your club members to deliver a memorable and enjoyable weekend.
Please let me know if you require any further information, or any point clarified.
I recommend a visit to the website - address below

Regards & best wishes

Neil Munn
Car Club Coordinator
Argyll Festival of Performance

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Hi all,

Re: Argyll Festival of Performance, at Inveraray Castle on 2nd & 3rd of June 2018.

HOME - argyllfestivalofperformance.com
Argyll Festival of Performance - Home | Facebook

If anyone is interested in trekking up to this please let me know. In particular, I would be interested in a MkII and a Cobra or two to complement the Mk1s, Tiger and Mustangs we already have, but let me know anyway if you are interested.

A couple of changes to report;
First, I have inherited this task as the previous incumbent has a new job and is moving country!
The organisers have now ditched the previous requirement, and club display cars can now depart on Saturday pm and return Sunday am. An abbreviated overview is given below.
For display cars arriving by trailer, there is free weekend parking available. In addition there is limited space available for motor-home parking. Should you wish to use either of these, please let me know.

The organisers are requesting club groups of 10 cars for display on Saturday / Sunday and will be awarding a trophy for the best themed car club display. Our display will include a mix of Cobra, Mustang, Tiger and GT40 cars under the banner of the Cobra Drivers Club (no joining fee or any form filling required).

Club entry benefits are that each display car will receive a free weekend ticket for the driver and one passenger, plus a programme and event poster per car (worth £170).

Timings for arrival and departure at Inveraray Castle are;

Saturday - arrive between 8 and 9am remain on site until 6pm.

Sunday - arrive between tbc and remain on site until 5.30pm.

There will be no vehicle movements once display cars are in position.

If desired, cars can arrive on Friday by arrangement, and can remain on site all weekend. (Site security will be in place from Friday 1st June until Sunday 3rd June.)

It is a requirement of the landowners that there is no camping allowed in any part of the castle grounds, therefore you may need to arrange accommodation for the Saturday if coming from a distance.

Please let me know as soon as you can whether you are a yes, tentative or no (we are being asked to confirm as quickly as we can so that the organisers can allocate space) and please do send me details of your car.

Dave Bilyk

dbilyk at blueyonder dot co dot uk

I,m already booked for it as one of the display cars with the 917K replica and representing Gulf Oil UK, who already have a strong garage presence in Scotland.

If the wind is set fair and the sun shines, I,ve got a feeling that this is going to be a spectacular event with a fantastic setting.

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Graham, I look forward to seeing you, and your car!
No doubt about it, the setting is idyllic, the castle, Loch Fyne and the drive over the Rest and Be Thankful to get there.
Dave

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Hi all,
A great shame as this was looking good.

The below announcement appeared on the News for the AFP site;
announcement

'On behalf of festival organisers Argyll Motor Club (Ecosse) ltd, it is with the deepest of regret to announce that Argyll Festival of Performance scheduled for 2nd & 3rd June 2018 is now cancelled.

There are a number of circumstances that have come together which combined have made it unachievable for us to deliver the festival in the format that we had wished to and also to meet the expectations of our partners, exhibitors, participants and visitors.

We would like to thank all those who have shown their support for the festival and to apologise for any inconvenience this cancellation may cause.'

Back